Chapter 22

In hindsight, you weren't sure whether telling the boys about you taking contraceptives from now on had been such a good idea. Hyunjin seemed to be the only one who could keep his cool. The others, however...

During dinner, you kept catching their eyes as they stared at you nervously before they'd quickly look away when they'd realise you had caught them staring. They were also a lot more quiet than usual, not seeming to know what they could talk about anymore, their conversations dying as quickly as they tried to start them.

Especially Changbin was acting more unusual than the others. The following days he kept hovering around you like some sort of bodyguard, looking suspicious whenever one of the others started a conversation with you or hugged or kissed you as a greeting or goodbye. He kept sending others to bed early and asking you if you didn't have any homework you should be doing back in your room.

After three days you already felt like you were going insane. Changbin's behaviour had made sure you had talked to the guys very little in the past few days and they had barely even touched you lately. Never before had you realised how much their physical affection and touch meant to you until you started to feel deprived and needy.

'So because of him, I barely get to see, touch or talk to the person I like anymore,' you complained over the phone to Adam.

'I thought you were going to congratulate me on my release from the hospital, but I should've known better,' Adam laughed.

'Oh, fuck, shit, oh, Adam, I'm so sorry, I forgot,' you said embarrassed.

'Y/n, dude, it's fine,' he chuckled. 'I can tell this was really bothering you and you needed to get it off your chest,' he said compassionately. 'But why don't you talk to your roommate? Tell him you don't need his protection,'

'Protection?' you said confused.

'Yeah, he's protecting you, y/n,' Adam said in a knowledgeable tone. 'To be honest I did a similar thing with my sister. He's probably just afraid you'll get hurt or something. He wants to keep you close, keep you safe,' he explained.

'...like a sister,' you repeated, feeling your heart breaking.

'That or he's madly in love with you and hates the idea of you sleeping with someone else.' Adam chuckled. 'But honestly, just talk to the guy. You have a good bond with him, right? Oh, I gotta go, my parents are here to pick me up. See you at school tomorrow!'

There was a dialling tone and the line ended.

You thought for a while about what Adam had said. Was it true? Did Changbin want to protect you? Or was he jealous? But that seemed so unlike him...

 Was it true? Did Changbin want to protect you? Or was he jealous? But that seemed so unlike him

'Binnie,' you said his name hesitantly as you knocked on the door to his room that night.

'Come in,' he called out from the other side. You opened the door and went inside. As expected, he was working out in the corner of his room. He was using the lifting machine, pressing the bar down with his arms as the weights in the back went up.