Chapter 8

You wished you had a reason to go to college that following day, but since it was the weekend and there were no classes it simply seemed illogical.

You stuck to your bedroom, not coming out unless you needed to go to the bathroom.

You skipped breakfast but made a quick trip downstairs around noon to stock up on some snacks.

You made sure at least someone saw you before diving back into your room again, your arms full of food.

'Gotta go, busy studying,' you said quickly as Han walked past with a surprised face.

You quickly locked the door behind you and sat down on the bed.

Because Han had seen you, you knew they wouldn't come knocking on your door for lunch or dinner.

It did strike you that the house was more quiet than usual again, just like it had been last night. But once again, you didn't want to think about it too much.

You tried your best to focus on your studies but it was difficult and your mind kept wandering off.

Around dinner time someone knocked on your door. You swore under your breath. Apparently, your plan hadn't worked as well as you had thought.

'Y/n?' it was Felix's voice. Your ears perked up immediately. You hadn't seen much of him lately since he had been so busy with work, and you had kind of missed him.

'I'm studying,' you said with a slight pain in your heart. You longed to see him, talk to him, but you were afraid of the consequences.

'I know, but can you spare a moment?' Felix asked. You bit your lip. 'I really want to talk to you,' he added. His voice sounded concerned.

You couldn't ignore him. Not when he sounded like that.

You unlocked the door and opened it a sliver.

'Yes?' you said, looking at his feet through the crack of the door.

'May I come in, please?' Felix asked. His voice was soft. You clenched your jaw but knew you couldn't say no to him.

You opened the door further and let him into your room. Felix closed the door behind the two of you and walked over to the bed where he sat down on it.

'Will you sit with me?' he asked, petting the spot next to him. You still didn't look at him but went to sit next to him.

A short silence fell.

'The guys and I... We've been worried about you,' Felix said. You felt a stab in your heart. Did they tell on you? Did they know? You closed your eyes and wished you could stop listening now.

'We've barely seen you these past days. You've been locking yourself away, coming home late and skipping meals,' he summed up.

You looked at him in surprise. You wondered if the boys really hadn't told on you or if Felix was simply being nice and hiding it from you.

'We're really worried, Y/n,' he repeated. His face did look very worried. His brown spotted eyes looked serious.

'I've been busy with school 'n stuff,' you lied, but you knew there was no use. Felix always had been some sort of human lie detector. He always knew when someone was fibbing, which is why no one ever let him play poker anymore.

And this time too, Felix clicked his tongue and raised a brow. It looked kind of hot.

You quickly closed your eyes tightly and let out a frustrated sigh.

'I can't tell you,' you said, defeated. 'Honestly, I can't, it's too... too embarrassing,' you admitted. You instantly regretted saying it. There was no reason why you should've told him that. You could've just told him you couldn't tell him and that would've been the end of it. Felix would've been able to tell you were telling the truth and he would've understood. But by adding that last bit, you had fucked it up.