Chapter 42

A loud bang made you snap out of your thoughts. You were standing outside, alone, staring at the road.

You turned around. A big house was standing before you, the pavement leading from the driveway to the front door that had just been thrown open as several clearly drunk people came out, laughing, yelling, and acting silly.

Right.

You were at the party.

You straightened your back and put on a smile, determined to remove Minho from your thoughts and find Adam as soon as you could.

The house was crammed full of all kinds of people. There were people of all races and nationalities present and the diversity made you smile. Although you knew it would probably take you ages to find Adam, you didn't mind it too much. The living room was being used as a dance floor. The music was so loud that you could barely hear your own thoughts. In the adjacent dining room, people were playing twister and beer pong, and some card games that you did not know. None of the people looked familiar to you at all.

You moved on to the kitchen, which was somewhat quieter and was mostly occupied by people chatting and drinking. The kitchen counter was filled with all kinds of different bottles and drinks, most of them you had never heard of. Even though you weren't legally allowed to drink, you gathered that it wouldn't do much harm if you poured yourself one. After all, most of the people attending the party seemed to be either your age or younger.

You picked up some of the bottles and tried to read their labels, although most of them were in languages you didn't know.

'I wouldn't drink that one if I were you,' a familiar voice warned you. You looked up. A girl with short black hair with bright blue ends, a nose ring, and ears that were pierced top to bottom grinned at you.

'Sera?!' you spoke, surprised at her appearance and even more so at the fact that you remembered her name. She grinned at you.

'Impressive, you still remember me,' she said with an approving nod.

'Of course, I do! You were the only person besides Hyunjin who wasn't ancient at the exhibition,' you chuckled. Sera giggled. Her outfit was very different from last time. Clearly, the bright pink dress she had worn to the exhibition had been her way of making an effort. This time, however, the outfit seemed to suit her style more. She was wearing black ripped jeans, a band shirt with the sleeves cut off, and a sleeveless leather jacket over it.

'Y/n, right?' She said, saying your name unsure. You nodded with a smile. 'Never expected to meet you here.'

'Me neither,' you said shaking your head.

'So how do you know Anne?' Sera asked, leaning on the counter interestedly. The mention of the name made you realize you never heard the name of Adam's sister before but were happy to know it now, so you wouldn't get caught in any awkward conversations.

'She's my friend's sister. He invited me,' you explained. Sera nodded understandingly.

'Yeah, I remember Anne telling me about her brother, never actually met the guy though,' she said thoughtfully. 'She and I used to take English classes on the weekends. Dreadful, I know,' she said, seeing your face. 'But we bonded over our mutual hatred for the language, and thus became good friends,' Sera explained. You laughed.

'You know, you should try this one, this is the good stuff,' Sera said pointing to a bright green bottle. 'The one you're holding tastes like vomit smells, trust me,' she said, pulling up her nose. You eyed the bright green bottle unsure, the liquid looking like something a witch in a movie would use to poison her enemies. 'Trust me, it's really sweet and the alcohol percentage isn't that high so you won't get shitfaced too quickly,' Sera assured you.