Chapter 46

The sound of wind filled your ears as you held Seungmin tightly.

'We're here,' he said softly. You opened your eyes. The bright sun filled your vision and you blinked for a moment, trying to regain your bearings. The surroundings were unfamiliar, so you looked up at Seungmin.

'Where are we?' you asked confused.

'Jeju,' he said simply, hoisting his backpack over his shoulder. It didn't look like the Jeju you knew. Last time you had been here, you were surrounded by luxury hotels and small urban streets. But right now, you were standing on what seemed to be a hill, surrounded by greenery. Behind you was a thick line of trees and bushes, almost like a wall that obscured whatever was behind it from view. In front of you, you could see the drop off of the cliff, with bright blue waters on the horizon. Near the edge of the cliff was something that looked like a weird mix between a house and a lighthouse. It was an oddly built tower where the ground floor seemed to have some rooms added on. You looked at Seungmin questioningly.

'Oh,' he said, a small smile on his face, 'didn't I tell you? We won't be staying in a hotel.' he said. You shook your head. 'Well,' Seungmin shrugged with a playful grin, 'It's still Jeju.'

'Did you trick me?' you asked suspiciously as he turned around and started walking towards the lighthouse. He simply shrugged and walked on. You huffed but couldn't stop a smile from appearing on your face as you quickly followed him.

'Welcome to the observatory,' Seungmin said happily as you stepped into the lighthouse. The building seemed to be quite old judging by the lack of outlets and lights. The small windows were made of thick yellowish glass and the walls were made of sturdy wooden logs. The kitchen, living room, and bedroom all seemed to be squished into the same space that had been expanded just enough to fit everything in. Although most of the furniture looked old and worn, it did look clean and gave off a very cozy vibe.

Your eyes slid over the lazy armchair next to the large bookcase that was behind a small dining table.

'What do you think?' you heard Seungmin ask, his voice unsure now. You tore your eyes from the small double bed in the corner and looked at him. 'I know it's not like the hotel from last time,' he began. You could see the doubt in his eyes and knew that he now regretted not telling you beforehand that you would in fact be staying somewhere completely different.

'It's adorable,' you said with a wide and truthful smile. You could see his eyes calm down a bit, his face returning to his usual expression. He nodded curtly.

'Our luggage is over there,' he said, pointing to the corner behind you. You turned to find your suitcase and bags piled up on each other. You realized now that you had brought way too much stuff, assuming you'd be staying in a hotel like last time and knowing how much space you had had then. There was no way you could possibly store all of your stuff in the few drawers that were here. You felt your cheeks flush, embarrassed by your mistake, even though it wasn't really your fault.

Together, you unpacked your stuff while Seungmin softly hummed. He didn't say much as he unpacked his own luggage. You could see from the corner of your eyes that he was purposely working slowly, as he had barely packed half of what you had brought and didn't want to finish before you. You managed to unpack eighty percent of what you had brought with you. The remaining stuff, which you didn't think you'd need, you stuffed back into the suitcase that you could place under the bed.

'So what do you wanna do?' Seungmin asked as soon as you were finished. You raised your brows at him.

'I thought you said you wanted to start work early?' you asked teasingly. Seungmin looked away from you, staring out the window, seeming to ignore your question.