🧡 Chapter 1

Tia is in her room, sitting at her desk with her Macbook singing her heart out, as she records her cover of Mariah Carey's Vanishing. When she is done she is startled by the loud applause, but relaxes when she opens her eyes to find that the applause is coming from her twin sister Alicia.

"That was good sister, so you've been writing today?" asks Alicia, hopefully.

"No, that was a Mariah Carey song" Tia answers in confusion.

"Tia if you insist on pursuing this dream of yours, you need to stay focused." She is frustrated by her sister's sense of reality or, her lack thereof.

"I am focused, I'm just-"

"Procrastinating!" She is tired of having the same conversation seemingly every other day with her.

"stop yelling at me like I'm a child Alicia!" She shouts in annoyance at her slightly older sister.

"Gut als erwachsen zu werden! bekommen Sie Ihren Kopf den Wolken aus!" Alicia yelled back in their native language.

(well then grow up! get your head out of the clouds)

"My head isn't in the clouds!... I came here with six hundred dollars and a dream, a dream that you used to believe in too!"

Tia understands that her sister is discouraged right now but she can't understand giving up on what they've taken so many risks for.

"Yes used to! Dreams are meant for sleeping and it's time for you to wake up!" She states before exiting the room.

Tia sighs and wipes a few stray tears from her eyes before getting up to shower for work. She works as a "bottle girl" at a local nightclub called The Compound by night into the early hours of the morning and sometimes works as a barista at Starbucks part-time. After getting ready she decides against saying goodbye to her sister before leaving, heading off to grab a quick bite to eat before work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Look Keyz, I know you want your kids back. We want you to get them back too, but you gotta get out of this house" Kyan says. He is tired of seeing his best friend moping around and wants to do something to get his mind off of the situation, even if it was only temporary.

Keyshawn wants to protest but today he doesn't have the energy, plus he knows that he'd have to go back to work soon and this would be a step in getting back into the "real world." Although, he honestly wants nothing more than to be sitting in his room alone taking a bottle of Hennessy to the head.

"Alright I'm going to call a few people to roll through and kick it with us at Compound....is that cool?"

Key just waves him off because he already didn't have the desire to go, so he could care less about who was tagging along. Kyan leaves to go home to shower and change. He is hoping that this helps Keyz get himself back together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tia is already ready to go home and the club has only officially been open for about two hours. She isn't surprised by the fact that there are already sloppy drunk men in the building because let's be honest most of them start long before they ever leave home.

However, she is appalled by the fact that this old man keeps grabbing and slapping her butt on the sly every time she walks by. After the third time, she's had enough and her hands are finally free enough for her to slap him sober. She turns around and slaps him so hard that if he was light skinned you'd see her handprint across his face. He gets angry and pushes her so hard that she goes flying into the next table, knocking over bottles and drinks. She is not only in pain and embarrassed, but she is also remorseful as she struggles to get up, looking at the guy who is sitting at the table and is now soaked in juice and alcohol. She looks over to see her friend, Marco, the security guard escorting out the drunk guy who pushed her. She then turns her attention to the wet guy as his friends come rushing over.

"Keys what happened?" Kyan asks.

"This bitch over here spilled this shit all over me!" He shouts in anger, gesturing to his soaking-wet clothes.

Tia is a bit taken aback by him calling her a bitch but, she understands that she still hasn't apologized. "I'm so sorry sir!" she apologizes sincerely.

"Man, fuck all dat!!, hoes drinking on the job and shit can't hold their liquor" He spat.

Tia knows that she can probably drink his skinny ass under the table but, now wasn't the time to point the out. "You don't have to call me names! I said sorry!"

"And? the fuck that mean to me?.....want cookie bitch?" He asks sarcastically.

Tia is fed up with the disrespect that she's received tonight, so she slaps him too. She isn't usually this violent but today she's just been feeling like people have been coming for her, starting with her sister.

He starts to charge at her but his friends grab him before he can. "think about your kids key, you can't catch a case right now." Kyan reasons.

He relaxes a little but he is still heated. "ight but get me a manager! I want her ass fired!"

"I'll go get him for you Daddy!" some female says eagerly. Tia rolls her eyes as she realizes that voice belongs to her thirsty coworker, Truth. Which is ironic because the bitch is definitely a lying snake! She's had it out for Tia since the moment she was hired, no one really knows why. She shoots Tia a glare with an evil smirk before walking off.

"Shouldn't yo ass be cleaning this shit up?" Keyz asks, taunting her.

"Shut the fuck up, asshole!" she shouts.

"MY OFFICE NOW!!" Her manager yells at her.

Tia says nothing as she walks off to his office, leaving the "asshole" and Truth laughing at her mockingly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're on a two-week suspension" Tia's manager Greg stated.

"What?!" She knew that she was in trouble but two weeks? That's messing with her money!

"You slapped two customers, you're lucky you still have a job"

"I was being disrespected! The First guy kept touching my ass and threw me into that table and the second guy is just-"

"Two weeks! And don't let me catch you drinking on the clock or that's it."

"That's what he told you?!... I haven't had a drink today at all!" Tia protests.

"He wasn't the only one, one of your coworkers told me as well"

Tia doesn't argue anymore she knows that Truth is behind this and she is going to get her revenge just when the time is right. She gets her stuff and is heading out when she looks over and sees Truth's thot ass grinding all on "the asshole". She just shakes her head and drives home wondering how she was going to explain this to Alicia because she's already on her ass this will only make it worse.

I Can't Wait 💔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें