🧡Chapter 24 - family ties

Omniscient

Omniscient

"See I told you I saw Tia!" Steelo exclaims as he walks over ruining their moment. "I haven't drank that much!" He mumbles, making Tia giggle.

"Hi Sterling!" She says waving at him through her laughter.

"Uh uh don't come here talking about some 'Hi Sterling'!" He mocks with a wave. "When you've been MIA for weeks! I know you saw me and Angel calling yo ass!" He fusses.

"Y'all can discuss that later." Julian dismisses. "C'mere baby, I got some people that I want you to meet." He says, grabbing her hand with a smile and leading her over to where their families are standing somewhat near each other. "Baby this is my grandma May and my grandpa James, my dad's parents Grandma, Grandpa this my girlfriend Tia."

"Awww I'm so happy to meet you! She's beautiful, Puddin!" May says, smiling at her. "Thank you, and you're beautiful as well! I love this dress!" Tia says

"I like her already!" May says, winking at Julian and making them laugh.

"It's so wonderful to finally meet the woman who has my grandson's nose so wide open that we can see what he's been eating!" Grandpa James jokes, making her laugh and looking at Julian with a smirk. "And you're just as pretty as pretty does sweetheart!" He says, kissing her hand. "What are you doing with the likes of this knucklehead?" He asks jokingly, pointing to Julian with his thumb.

"Aye! Watch it old man!" Julian jokes.

"You watch it! I ain't too old to wear your tail out!" He says, laughing.

"Dad, move out of the way so I can say hello to my daughter in law!" James Jr says, making his father glare at him playfully before he steps out of his way.
"Is it safe to hug you now?"

She nods. "Yep, all good!" She says with a smile before they hug.

"I'm confused, because I thought you said she wasn't coming." Steelo says to Julian.

"That's because the last thing I knew, she was out of the country!" He says, shooting her a look.

"Don't!" She says pointing to his face laughing. "I told you that I was trying to surprise you." She says hugging him, wrapping her arms around his stomach.

"I know, but that doesn't mean that I like the fact that you got on a plane without telling anybody."

"I was with my family. They knew."

"Yeah, and if something happened they wouldn't have been able to tell me because they would be with you!"

"I'm fine, you worry too much." She says pecking his lips and giving him an innocent smile.

He tries to keep a serious look on his face but he doesn't last long before he's breaking out into a smile of his own. "You're lucky you're cute!" He says with a grin, making her laugh.