🧡 Chapter 23 - Home - Part 2

Omniscient

"There's my baby girl!" Alan says full of love and excitement as he opens his arms wide.

Tia runs into his open arms and hugs him tight.

"Hi dad." She says, smiling up at the man.

"Ahh Moni it's so good to see you home!" He says hugging her again and kissing her forehead. "I mean I know it's only temporary but, let me have this moment!" He says, making her giggle.

"Okay dad." She says laughing as they walk through the hallways of the hospital to his office. He opens the door for her and she walks in and sits down in front of his desk. He closes the door and takes off his lab coat before hanging it up on the rack in the closet. He sits down and smiles at her with so much joy that she is sitting in front of him right now.

"So talk to me, I know the circumstances that brought you home aren't good but are you enjoying being back? How's your pops?" He adds, taking her by surprise. That was the first time that he has ever referred to Patrick as such and without disdain.

Their talk when she was in the hospital has done wonders for their relationship and they both are truly grateful.

"Uh he's good. Finally coming to terms with what happened and agreeing to do what he has to do to stay healthy."

He nods. "That's good to hear. Tell him that I'm glad he's doing well." He says with a genuine smile.

"I will, uh, as far as me being back here I have enjoyed being back and seeing everyone, but I am ready to go like yesterday!" She says dramatically.

"Why is that?"

"I miss Ju!" She whines with a pout.

"I miss Ju!" He teases as he mocks her.

"Dad, I'm serious!" She whines, laughing a little bit.

"I know Moni, but you will live. I'm sure Julian will be waiting for you as soon as you get back."

"I knowwww! I just hate being away from him like this!" She pouts.

Alan chuckles at how cute his daughter looks pouting and being in love. "Well if it makes you feel any better, I'm headed there tonight. I'll pop in on him and see how he's doing."

"Ooohh really?! Take me with you!" She says excitedly.

"No." He dismisses. "You need to stay here until you're supposed to leave with your family."

"But you are my family!" She whines.

"Hahaha" he laughs sarcastically. "Cute!" He says laughing and pointing at her.

"Cute enough to take me with you?" She asks, placing her hands under her chin and smiling.

"Again that would be a no, but what I can do is take you to breakfast. Come on." He says standing up from his chair. She stands and they exit the office.

"I can't believe that you won't take me with you." She teases.

"You'll be back in a week, but don't worry I will give him your love."

"But you can't give him the kind of love I wanna give him." She mumbles under her breath.

However, he hears her and looks at her in disbelief.

"Sorry you weren't supposed to hear that." She says softly laughing.

"But I did Tia! But I did!" He says sarcastically as he opens the car door for her. She laughs at his face as she gets in. He goes around and gets into the car. "Yeah, I think it's time that Julian and I have a little talk!" He says starting the car.