🧡Chapter 15 - Hospital stays

Julian's POV

I came back to Tia's room to see her and Steelo laughing their heads off and it made me smile because I'm happy that they're becoming friends again.

"What are y'all laughing about?" I ask, making them look at each other and start laughing harder. "Are you two high?" I ask as I sit the bag of food and the drinks down on the bedside table next to the flowers I put there earlier.

"No."  Tia says as Steelo says "I wish!" He pouts a little and we laugh.

"Sterling get up." She says as she pushes his shoulder a little.

"Why?" He asks

"Because I would like to be next to my man if that's okay with you." She says sarcastically while I pull the food out of the bag.

He glares at her playfully. "Man, you lucky I can't beat up a patient."  I shake my head as I take off my shoes.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah move." She says pushing him as he gets up. I hand him his two chicken tacos and his drink then I got into the bed with her.

"What'd you get?" She asks, looking into the bag.

"Your usual, one chicken, one beef, lemonade light ice, a separate cup of ice, queso on the side, and lots of napkins!" I say settling her stuff down on the rolling table next to her.

"Well I'm going to take this to go but I'll be back to check on you in a little bit," Steelo says

"Okay." We both say in response.

He leaves, closing the door behind him. We pray over our food and start eating. Halfway through the first taco she yawns.

"You sleepy?" I ask.

"Yeah, but I can't relax enough to sleep in here. I want to go home!"

"I know, but I'm going to help you relax and you will be able to go to sleep."

I wrap up what is left of our food and put it in the bag and put it on the counter. I pick up the roses and give them to her. "These are my I'm sorry, for keeping something like that from you and for my mom being so rude to you, get well soon even though everything will be fine, I love you so, so much flowers." She blushes and smiles softly

"Thank you, baby, they're beautiful!"

I lean over and kiss her passionately.

"I love you too jujubee," she says when we pull apart then I take the flowers gently and put them back before climbing back into the bed. I wrap my arms around her and she lays her head on my chest and her leg around my waist.

"Your brother called me this morning. He wanted to check on me and make sure that I was okay and apologize on behalf of your mom. He said that you haven't been answering his calls." She informs me.

"Yeah I've been really busy this week so I haven't gotten around to calling him back. You know that I never would have brought you there if I had known that she was going to treat you that way right?" I ask, looking down into her eyes.

"I know, baby. I never thought that, I was just hurt because I was blindsided and I couldn't understand why you would keep something like that from me."

"I didn't want you to know at the time that it was going on because you weren't speaking to me then and I thought that you were in love with someone else. I knew that you would have put your life on hold in order to be there for me and it just didn't seem fair for me to do that to you because things were not going well. I didn't want you to have to worry about me and watch me die. Plus I figured if you didn't want to talk to me before the accident then I wasn't going to force it or make you feel obligated to do something that you didn't already want to do , so I told everyone not to tell you or Taylor anything about it."