🧡 Chapter 3

Chapter 3

It's been a week since her doctors visit and Tia is honestly feeling 100% better

It's been a week since her doctors visit and Tia is honestly feeling 100% better. She is now working her shift at Starbucks and thanking God that she is off from Compound tonight and tomorrow night.

She has been staying with her friend Taylor in order to avoid being home with Alicia,  but it doesn't make much sense considering that Alicia hadn't been home much lately anyway. At least this way she'll have enough money to cover her bills and whatever's left will go toward building her own studio. She is in the back mopping the floor when her manager sends her to the register. "I can't wait to go home." She mumbles to herself as she walks to the front counter.

After serving a few customers, one of Tia's coworkers who also happens to be her best friend, Tyree comes over to the register next to her.

""Aye there she go!" He exclaims. "Who?" "You, lookin' like my future baby momma." He says, quoting the Jacquees song that she is presently obsessed with.

She gives him the side eye before they both burst out laughing. "Boy if you don't getchoo!" "Get my what? My fine ass? Sexy ass? Is that where you were going to say?" He leans closer to her as if he can't hear. 

She laughs before playfully pushing him away. "Ree stop playing before you get us in trouble."  "I'm trying to get into trouble with you but you playing." He jokes with her. This lady who looks to be in her mid forties laughs and says "Well baby if you don't want him I will take him from you."

Tia laughs while Tyree looks horrified. The lady gets her order and leaves but not before winking and blowing a kiss at Tyree. Tia laughs even more and Tyree mugs her.

"I'm so glad that you find that funny because next time we're in the gym I'm not coming to your rescue."

"What? No, I'm sorry."

"Mhmm you can make it up to me tonight."

"Tonight? Ree you know-."

"No, I know that you are going to show up tonight and be happy to be there." She sighs. "Okay." "That's my girl." She rolls her eyes at him before turning to her next customer. "Hello, welcome to Starbucks, what can I get for you?"