🧡Chapter 12 - Fck'n Friday

Steelo's POV:

I think my mouth has been hanging open for a good minute before J hits me and yells, "Aye man, close your mouth!" His voice snaps me out  of the shock that I am in

I think my mouth has been hanging open for a good minute before J hits me and yells, "Aye man, close your mouth!" His voice snaps me out  of the shock that I am in. I just can't believe that Tia does not know anything about him almost dying and being laid up in the hospital for months! I mean that is one of the reasons why I have been so mad at her! Here I am thinking that she left my best friend for dead and the whole time she doesn't know shit about shit!

"J! Why wouldn't you tell her that bro?! I mean this whole time I have been thinking that she wasn't shit for essentially leaving you for dead and she doesn't even know?!" I yell in disbelief. He sighs.

"At the time, she wasn't speaking to me and as far as I knew she was in love with some other nigga so I didn't want her to know. I mean she stopped talking to me without a rhyme or reason and then I find out that she was in love with someone else. A guy who I found out today never really existed because apparently that was just her way of getting to talk to Tyree about me without feeling weird about it. But either way, she wasn't speaking to me and I didn't want the accident or the me almost dying thing to make her talk to me again. I felt like if she didn't care enough about me before the accident then she didn't need to care after it happened."

Sterling nods. "Okay, I get that but why didn't you tell her now? When y'all were doing all of this talking about feelings and everything. Why not tell her then?"

"I-" he starts to say, but is cut off by the sound of his phone ringing on the couch next to him. He picks it up and looks at it. "It's Tia." He answers the phone and puts it on speaker. "Wassup fathead?" He asks, making her chuckle. "Nothing, I'm about to head to bed so I just wanted to call and say good night."

He smiles. "Good night baby."

"Good night Jujubee. I love you."

I didn't think that it was possible for the smile on his face to get any wider but it did.

"I love you too fat head. Call me when you can please?" He asks her, and I'm not even going to lie, it sounds like he is begging her.  Plus the look on his face is almost as if he is scared that she'll say no

"I will." She yawns.

"Alright, well get some sleep."

"Okay, bye."

"Bye fat head." He says before hanging up the phone. "Oh shit! I was supposed to call my mom back to let her know if I can come over for lunch tomorrow."

"Are you going?" I ask him because he doesn't seem too interested in going. He shrugs. "Yeah, I mean we're going to have to have this conversation sooner or later. I might as well just get it out of the way now, so we can all move forward." He sighs.

"And what if she doesn't want to move forward?" I ask, causing him to glare at me. I throw my hands up in surrender. "I'm just saying! I mean up until a few minutes ago I was thinking that Tia literally abandoned you and left you for dead, so I can only imagine how your mom feels about all of that. And then now you just pop out of nowhere and she's your girl when as far as we knew y'all weren't even on speaking terms."