-FIFTHY-

Melly's POV: 1 week later

My phone rung and the hospital number appeared. I answered the phone quickly. "Hello." I said

"Hello is this Melly?" A lady said over the phone.

"Yes." I said.

"Ms. Ari has awoken and doing fine and stable." She said.

I smiled at the news. "Thank you."

"No problem visitation is open too." She said.

"Okay." I said before hanging up.

"Daddy was that mommy" liyah yelled coming into my room.

"No that was mommy nurse she's awake.m." I said. It's been a week since what happened. Ari had been in the hospital and even had surgery which put he in a coma.

The doctor didn't think she would ever wake up but she did today.

Liyah doesn't quite know what's going on she just think Ari is sick. But deep down inside she scared from the events that had occurred. She still ask questions about that night but i try not to give her to many answers.

"So are we going to see mama today." She asked jumping on the bed. I nodded my head and she jumped up and down on the bed.

"Go get dress so we can go Ight." I said and she nodded and left the room.

I sighed and laid back down. The event still haunts me til this day. I never meant to hurt her I never meant to hurt anyone.

I sighed sitting back up. I knew there was no way of getting Ari back now.

I knew she said she would make me hurt and she was for real about that.

"I'm ready." Liyah yelled.

" okay." I said. I got out of bed and throw on some shoes before leaving my room. "Meet me in the car." I said walking down the stairs.

I went to the kitchen and got some food to take with us. Liyah likes before there for a long time so I know she would get hungry.

"Yall off?" Q said limping into the kitchen.

"Yeah" I said. " she wants to go see her I don't know how ima tell her Ari might not make it." I said shrugging.

" I don't not either man." He said. " you okay tho?" He asked.

"Holding on I guess in The situation." I said truthfully. " I'll see you when I get back." I said as I grabbed the bag I made.

"Ight." Q said as i exited the kitchen. I went out to the car where Liyah was already there in her seat.

"Daddy you took forever." She said with a mug in her face.

I laughed. "Yeah uncle Q and I were talking." I said.

"About mommy?" She asked.

I got in the car avoiding her question. I started the car and handed her my phone so she could watch ch something. I pulled out the drive way and headed down the road to the hospital.

If Ari don't make it I don't know what I'd do. But if she do make it, it's a chance she would leave me.

We pulled up to the hospital and I parked and turned off the car. "Ready to go see mommy." I said.

"YESSS !" She yelled unbuckling her seat belt.

I laughed and we both got out. I made sure she was out the car and I closed the door behind her. My phone began to ring and Liyah groaned. "Daddy your phone." She said handing it to me. I chuckled as she pouted which her arms crossed.

An unknown number appeared across my screen.

I decided to answer anyways

"Hello." I said once the call connected.

"If you want Ari to live let her leave town and the beef between us is done, drop Liyah off in front of the hospital and let a nurse bring her to Ari's hospital room and 100,000 dollars will be transferred to her account so don't worry she will be well taken care of." A man said over the phone.

"Who is this." I said squeezing that stirring wheel.

"Dont worry about allat just do what I say." He said. " I have men all over this hospital including near the entrance do exactly what I say and Ari get's to live and disobey my commands I'll slit her throat right now." He said nonchalantly.

"LEAVE HER ALONE !" I yelled as he finished. "She's already fighting for her life." I mumbled as tears streamed down my face.

"Aw look Melly dont got soft on me." The dude said chuckling.

I started to recognize his voice but I couldn't put a name nor face to it.

"Make you decision before I make it for you." He said sheepishly.

"I-" i started to say.

I looked down at Liyah said she swung her leg while holding my hand. She's looked up at me with a smile. "Hey daddy." She said giggling.

I twisted my lips as I thought.

"I'll send her in." I said quietly.

"Good." He said before the line disconnected.

I put my phone in my pocket and Liyah pouted. "Hey i wanted it back" she said letting go of my hand and crossing her arms once again.

I chuckled and got down on my knees and was now face to face with her.

"Look" i said looking her in her eyes.

"You know daddy loves you right?" I questioned and she nodded.

"I never meant to hurt you or mommy." I said slowly so she could understand.

She scrunched up her face.

"Just know I'll always love you no matter what, no matter how far apart we are." I said taking her hand.

"I know daddy." She said.

I kissed her cheek and smiled at her and she smiled back. I love this kid with all my heart it saddens me to know I've put her in so much danger.

I stood up and we both headed towards the hospital entrance. We went inside and headed to the front desk.

"Hello how may I help you." The lady at the front desk said.

"Hiii we here to see my mommy." Liyah blurred out.

I laughed as the women did too. " we are here to see Ari." I said as i stopped laughing.

"Okay she's in-"

"Actually can you take her up there for me?" I asked her politely.

She looked at me strangely before nodding her head. " daddy" Liyah said. "Why are you not coming with me to see mommy."

"I will soon baby daddy just have something to do." I said looking down at her. "Just know I'll always love you." I said letting go of her hand.

She looked confused as I started to walk away. "Daddy." She called out but I ignored her.

The lady took her hand and lead her in the direction of the double doors and I continued walking out the entrance.

My heart hurt as I kept walking. Part of me wanted to turn around but I did not want Ari to die.

I made it back to my car and got in.

"FUCK." I yelled as I slammed my door.

How did you become such a pussy

"Shut the fuck up." I mumbled

The old you wouldn't have done that

"Yeah the old me is what got us into the shit Melvin shut the fuck up now" I said.

Ole soft ass bitch, giving up your girl that easily.

"Trust me ima get her back." I said starting up my car and pulling off.