Quality time

I motioned for them to sit on the couch. I gulped playing with my wedding ring "I'm married" They both looked at me "What" I nodded "Well I was, still am I guess" Tara didn't have any emotion just blank "Umm, my ex umm we uh did something with a man before the world fell. She ended up pregnant. Then umm nine months later gave birth to Harper my daughter"

Tara opened her mouth then closed it, opened it again but no words came out. "We got married young, due to the fact that she was pregnant and also going to prison. When she gave brith she was sent away so there I was at 23 being a single and broke mom" Ro touched my leg, I sniffled

"I hired Lizzie as a nanny, without her my daughter would most likely be dead. When the world fell I was at my job in the city. I was leaving the studio when the police started to barricade us in and riots started to break out. I was trapped, alone, scared. I ended up getting out a few days later and when I returned home Lizzie and Harper were gone"

I looked at my wedding band "Babe when I told you I still loved my ex, it's true I always will. She's my first love, my wife, the mother to my daughter" None of them said anything, Lizzie came back a few moments later "She's asleep" I nodded "Do you mind if.i stay here tonight? I want to be with her when I wake up"

She smiled "Of course Sam" I smiled gratefully looking back at the two women before me "Tara I know we just started out and I get it if, you dont want to be with me anymore"

She looked down "I want to be with you Sam. Just because you have a daughter doesn't mean that I wont stop liking you" I smiled "Thanks you" Ro stood up "We should get going. Remember you have work in the morning" I nodded "I know" We hugged goodbye before I turned to Tara "Thank you" She pulled me in for a kiss. I wrapped my arms around her waist tonic wanting to break it but she enviably did "I'll see you tomorrow"

I nodded "Ya" We kissed briefly before I walked them to the door. Once it was shut I turned to Lizzie "Thank you for letting me stay here" She smiled "Of course Sam" We sat on the couch talking for a little while. "I'll come bring you a pillow and blanket" I nodded rubbing my face, s

She came back a few minutes layer with them which I took gracefully "Thanks" She nodded walking away, I got my self comfortable on the couch not knowing what to do. This was the first time I ever slept on something comfortable in a long time, my thoughts drifted to Tara, then my daughter and my ex

I woke up to loud knocks on the front door. I opened it seeing Maggie smiling brightly "We have work" I groaned "Right now? I wanna eat with my daughter" she gave me a sad smile "I know. But Deanna is an early riser so we need to be there with her" I sighed rubbing my face "Give me a few minutes" I grabbed my shoes walking to Harpers room looking at the sleeping child, I walked in quietly kissing her forehead whispering how much I love her.

I walked out leaving a note on the counter for Lizzie "Okay let's go" we walked down the steps "You need to change first so we're going home" I nodded fallowing her into our house. I quietly walked into the house seeing everyone's sleeping bodies. I grabbed a clean shirt throwing it on, leaving but not before kissing Tara on the head

Maggie and I walked out of the house talking about Harper. "You must feel relieved you found her" I nodded "You have no idea. I thought I lost her" she stopped walking "I can't imagine loosing a child" she looked down at her stomach rubbing it "Mag are you?" She shrugged "I'm late" I smiled brightly "Do you think?" She shrugged "I have a doctors appointment after work so we'll see" I hugged her "Maggie I'm so happy for you. Do you want me to go with you?"

She shook her head "No, it's okay. I think Ro is gonna go with me" I felt my heart break a little she would rather find out of she's pregnant with a friend rather then her family. "Can I ask you something? She nodded "Why am I coming to work with you?" We walked towards the gates "Because your a strong leader, and I think you'll be a valuable member here"