Shit

I went back into the infirmary seeing my girls still sleeping. I grabbed the guitar the nurse brought for me softly playing 'Take on me'. I softly sang the lyrics getting lost into the hole song, this was Shawns and I's song, we'd listen to it every time we went fishing, or when we went to school. I finished the song not noticing Taras awake, "That was beautiful"

I jumped slightly at her voice setting the guitar down quickly "Your awake" She nodded closing her eyes in pain. I grabbed her hand "Your freezing, I'm gonna go home and grab you a coat" She nodded, wincing "I'll get the doctor too okay" She gave me the thumbs up. I walked home quickly stopping in my tracks when I saw Pete walking towards the people at the trial with Michonne katana, I ran over seeing him slice Regs throat open with it, everyone gasped, Abe threw him to the floor, Deanna was sobbing.

"Rick" he nodded walking over to Pete pulling the trigger killing the man. I was in utter shock I couldn't move, two people dead in the matter of seconds. My brain finally registered that I needed to get back to Tara and get her something warm, I ran home grabbing the first jacket I saw running back. Rosita was inside with her "What happened?" I handed my girlfriend the jacket "Pete just killed Reg, and Rick killed him" they both were speechless, my daughter was crying into Rositas chest "MOMMY" I picked her up "I know baby. It was just a loud noise"

The doors burst open reveling Glenn and Nicholas "Glenn what wrong" He looked up seeing us by an awake Tara "You look like shit" he walked towards her "Tara?" Maggie emerged in the doorway "I'm okay, check on them" She walked over to her husband "I'm okay" Eugene walked in "Holy shit" He smiled speed walking to Taras side "Oh thank god. Nothing happened to your hair" he just stood there smiling "Okay Eugenes freaking me out, does somebody want to send Noah in here to protect me"

We all looked at her not saying anything, I grabbed her hand "Tara... he didnt uh make it" her lips started to quiver "What?" Glenn looked down "I'm sorry darlin'" She closed her eyes letting some tears fall. I held her hand "I'm so sorry darlin' I know how much he meant to you" She didn't say anything silently crying. She grabbed my arm "I want to go home" I nodded "Okay lets get you home" She winced in pain again

"Sam we really shouldn't" I turned to my sister "Maggie I'll take care of her don't worry" Ro held Harper while I walked Tara out of the doctors office towards our home. We got her in bed pulling the blanket over her "I got it from here" She nodded "If you need anything" I nodded walking her to the front door "I know, I'll get you" She hugged me kissing my cheek "I'll be by tomorrow" I leaned against the door "Okay. Check on Abe I don't want him to drown himself in alcohol" She nodded walking down the steps, I shut the door walking back to Tara

The next few days I checked on Tara, making sure she was healing properly. We were able to go on a walk today which was nice, even though I had to help her. "Thank you" we walked towards the pound in the center of town "For what" She winced "Helping me" I looked at her "I'll always help you hunny, you don't have to thank me" She stopped "But I do, your amazing, Rosita said you didn't leave my side unless you had too"

I shrugged "You would have done the same for me" she nodded "I know. And I love you" I kissed her softly "I love you more" we walked to the pound sitting at one of the benches, "Would you ever get married?" I shrugged "I dunno, maybe" She touched my arm "You said you were married" I nodded "Uh ya, against daddy wishes. He thought I was too young to be with her, you know she was older by like 2 years I was a dumb kid" She looked at me intently "How old were you?"

I thought "I'm 25 now so I was 19 maybe 20" she looked down "You've never said her name why?" I leaned against the back of the chair "I dunno, just don't" She tilted her head "But you talk about her" I nodded "I know, and I'm sorry, if it bothers you" She wrapped her arm over my shoulder "Whats her name?" I turned to her "Does it really matter?" She nodded "To me it does yes" I sighed "Her name is-" "MOMMY" Harper came running over "Hi baby girl how are you"

She smiled "Good" I looked up at Lizzie who was walking over "She saw you and wanted to say hi" I kissed her head "Hi Tara" she smiled "Mommies telling a story about your other mommy" The little girl tilted her head

I smiled "Well she's my first love, she proposed before she went to a bad place. Umm we moved in together when I was 18, grandpap didn't like her, auntie Beth hated her, but auntie Maggie she didn't like nor dislike her. We met at a truck stop where she was a waitress, I would drive out there just to see her much to grandpaps demise. We ended up moving to Richmond, Virginia renting a small studio apartment. We had a cat named Vader. We got matching tattoos, we partied together, I met her family, we saved enough money to fly to London for the premier of the last Harry Potter"

I smiled at the memories "Harper was our little blessing, we planned a small wedding just our friends and us. We wanted to go to LA and see the Hollywood sign, we wanted to see and do so much stuff but time wasn't on our side. You look just like her Harp, you have her wild blond hair, her nose but most importantly you have her heart" my daughter was fascinated "I miss grandpap" I kissed her head "I do too hunny, I do too" She looked at Tara "Your pretty" She laughed "So are you sweetie" Tara held my hand that was resting beside her on the chair

We walked back home after talking about the woman who will always have a hold on my heart. Rick saw us "Can I talk to you" I nodded "Ya what up" he signed "Morgan and I were out, there's a hoard" I looked at Tara holding hands with my daughter "Okay so what do we do?" he sighed "I'm gonna go talk to Deanna right now, whatever happens that hoard cant come here" we both agreed "I'll help anyway I can" He nodded "Good, I need you out there" He walked past quickly making his way to the older woman's house.

"Mommy look at this flower Tara gave me" I smiled widely crouching to her level "It's beautiful baby" she handed it to me "Thank you hunny" She kissed my cheek making my heart feel warm, I stood "Lets go home and see what auntie Carol made for dinner" She held onto both our hands skipping while we walked. She ran into the house leaving Tara at the bottom of the steps "What did Rick want?" I helped her up "Theres a hoard. And he wants me out there helping" She winced "Be safe" I wrapped my arm over her shoulder "I promise I wont get injured to a grenade"

She slapped my shoulder softly "To soon?" She rolled her eyes, right before we walked into the door Ro yelled at us from Deannas house "We have an emergency meeting" I looked at Tara "Do you wanna go?" She winced "No you go, I'll be fine" I nodded kissing her quickly "I'll be back before you know it" She smiled, watching as I walked over to Ro. "What do you think this is about?" I shrugged "Rick said something about seeing a hoard so probably that" She mumbled 'shit' I nodded "Shit indeed"