Don't leave me

We walked downstairs seeing Glenn, Eugene, Tara, Spencer, Noah and Nicholas putting things into a van. Tara saw me smiling "Help me with this" I walked over asking the box from her walking it towards the van. "Is that my shirt?" She looked down "Huh I guess it is?" I rolled my eyes walking past her grabbing more supplies. She talked to Noah jumping on his back making them both laugh, I walked closer to Maggie "Why does she like him so much?"

She looked at me "He's a good kid Sam. You need to give him a chance" I sighed "Ya thats what everyone's been telling me" he walked past "Hey Noah" He looked at me "Ya?" I watched Tara walk back grabbing something "Watch out for her please. I don't know what I'd do of something happened to her" He smiled "I'll watch out for her" I nodded "Maybe when you get back we can hangout, you know. Get to know each other" He smiled "I'd love too"

I smiled standing back as they loaded up the rest of the van. I turned to Tara "Be safe" She nodded "Always" I straighten her jacket "You got this" She leaned in kissing me briefly, I patted Glenns back "Be safe" He nodded getting into the van. Loud techno music started to play making me laugh "God their going to a rave" Maggie nudged me "Lets go" We fallowed Deanna back into her house helping with whatever she needed

We were in the kitchen talking about food supplies "We have enough food to last us into next month that can keep us comfortable. But we may need to send another group out soon, just to keep it that way" I nodded writing it down on one of the files, "How many green beans do we have? Mrs.Clarke wants to make a green bean casserole" I shrugged "Uhh 132 but Olivia said that they needed to save it for Mrs.Turner"

Thats how majority of the day went, us taking about supplies, when we needed to do more runs. A loud knock at the front door pulled us away, Deanna got up answering it "Tobin, hi come in" The man walked in saying something to her "Reg come down here for a moment" She nodded for us to come in the living room hearing what he had to say. "I would like to resign form running construction. Abraham should be the one to run it insisted" I looked at Maggie

"We're sorry to loose you Tobin, are you sure?" He nodded "Absolutely. If Abraham had followed my orders she would've been dead" Reg uncrossed his legs "Well saving someones life makes them a hero, but it doesn't qualify them to run a construction crew" He looked at the older man "Well they're still out there still working the whole team. And he's leading them, better than I ever could" The older couple shared a few glances at one another silently talking it over.

Deanna slapped her leg "Guess it's settled then" She stood up patting her legs "I'll speak to Abraham when he's back and make it official" He nodded standing "Thank you Deanna. And the thing is I know you wont regret it" He walked out of the house fallowed by Reg "He's right you know, Abes more than qualified" she chuckled weakly "I put another one of your people in power, you vouch for them its becoming a pattern"

My leg started to bounce, Maggie took over the conversation "We know what we're doing. That why you wanted us here. That why Aaron and Daryl are out there looking for more people. You wanted a future you needed us for that" She nodded "Thats right" I sighed "I'm gonna go get back to work, on those field plans"

Deanna went upstairs to get the door, while Maggie and I finished up the file. "I'll go bring this up to her" She nodded "Wait I'll come with you" We walked up the stairs but we heard Gabriel's voice "You made a mistake bringing the others here" I looked at Maggie "How so?" I put my hand over my mouth "Rick... his group, they're not good people. They've done things, they've done unbearable things"

I went to walk up but she stopped me "For them to be out there that long, they must have done things. Rick said as much, they survived thats what makes them assets" I clenched my jaw "Your wrong, they're dangerous, they cant be trusted. You may believe that they had to do, but they were afraid and so... The day will come when they'll put their own lives before yours and everyone else's and they will destroy everything you have here. Everything you are working so hard to build"

I looked to Maggie mouthing I'm gonna kill him "Why are you just now telling me this?" he sighed "They don't derive this, they don't deserve paradise" I was shaking with anger "Thank you Gabriel, I have a lot to think about" the door open and closed, "HELP, I NEED HELP" Maggie and I ran up the steps once we heard the door open, Glenn was covered in blood so was Eugene "Wheres Spencer" he bit his lip I jumped down the stairs running towards the van, "T-Tara"

Eugene looked at me crying, I got in the van helping get her out of there, "WE NEED A DOCTOR" I was shaking, she had a gnarly cut on the side of her head that was bleeding profusely, "Baby please don't leave me. Please" Pete came running over "Help me get her to my office" Glenn and I brought her over there, he opened the door letting us take her to a bed "Help her" He grabbed a bunch of random shit "Take her out of here" Glenn grabbed me but I pushed him off "No, I need to be here" Glenn grabbed me "We'll wait right outside okay" I broke down crying

"You can come in now" I got up running inside to her side. All the blood was gone and her old bandage was now new, I pulled up a chair pulling it to her side "Aww hunny" I grabbed her hand "Babe I'm so sorry. I should have been there" I cried softly to her unconscious body. I stayed the whole night falling asleep with my head in her hand "Good morning" a blond woman walked in checking her vitals "How is she?" she looked at some paperwork "Good, she should wake up in a few days"

I nodded "Thank you" She patted my shoulder "She'll be okay" I sniffled "I hope so" The woman looked at me a few more seconds before walking away. I stayed in there missing work not wanting to go. "Hey" I looked up at Ro, "Hey" She sat by me "How is she?" I moved some of her hair away form her face "Stable. She should wake up in a few days" She nodded "Have you eaten anything today?" I shook my head "No" She sighed "Go, home eat something, shower; I'll stay with her" I bit my lip

"No, I don't want to leave her" She touched my hand "Sam I got her, go" I sniffled standing up "I'll be back in 30 minutes" She nodded, I leaned over kissing Taras head whispering how much I love her. I walked out of the office getting strange looks from people, I realized I still had blood over my clothes but I didn't care