Chapter 1: Nightmare

A snake slithered through a graveyard, heading toward a large house across the lawn, a small light flickering in the windows. A man made his way through the graveyard toward the house, keys jangling in his hand. His flashlight bounced off the walls, checking the shadows for any sign of someone being near. A small voice hissed through the house as the man made his way up the stairs.

"How fastidious you've become, Wormtail. As I recall, you once called the nearest gutter pipe home. Could it be that the task of nursing me has become wearisome for you?" the voice hissed.

"Oh, no. No, no, my Lord Voldemort," Wormtail stuttered in fear. "I only meant... perhaps if we were to do it without the boy..."

"No! The boy is everything," the voice hissed in his snakelike voice. "It cannot be done without him. Another man came into view, crouching in front of a chair as the voice continued. "And it will be done exactly as I said."

"I will not disappoint you, my Lord," the second man replied.

"Good. First, gather our old comrades," the voice hissed. "Send them a sign."

The snake moved around the man's feet, slithering toward a small fetus-like creature sitting in the chair, hissing something in his ear.

"Nagini tells me the old Muggle caretaker is standing just outside the door."

All heads turned in the direction of the man as Wormtail stepped into the doorway, smiling a vicious sneer.

"Step aside, Wormtail... so I can give our guest a proper greeting."

Wormtail moved to the side as Voldemort raised his wand.

"Avada Kedavra!" Voldemort hissed as the man fell to the ground, the sound of his tea kettle still hissing from across the graveyard.

"No!" I screamed, thrashing as the blankets tangled around my ankles.

"Y/n! Darling, wake up!" a familiar voice called as I slowly came back to reality, taking in my surroundings. Severus was hovering over my shaking form and I felt his hands on the sides of my face, carefully pushing my hair out of the way.

"Sev," my shaky voice whispered as he breathed a sigh of relief.

"Yes, darling. I'm here," he whispered, pressing his lips to my forehead. "Bad dream?"

I nodded, wrapping my arms around his waist. His body pressed against mine, giving me the feeling of a weighted blanket and I loved it. He buried his face in the crook of my neck, whispering soothing words to me as my breathing finally slowed to a more normal pace. I looked at the clock next to my bed. 4:30am. Gross.

"Sorry for waking you up, love," I whispered. He chuckled against my neck, pressing soft kisses along it.

"You didn't, love. I've been awake."

"Couldn't sleep?"

"Well, you're dragging me to this Quidditch World cup with the Weasley family," he chuckled.

"Oh, come on. They are nice. And besides... I'll be there with you. Isn't that kind of a plus?"

"Hm... maybe just a little one."

"Oh, really. Just a little one my ass! You loovve me."

His deep chuckle sent tingles through my neck and spine as his lips pressed against my neck once more.

"Hm, I suppose I do."

I playfully smacked his chest as he rolled over off of me and I snuggled against his chest.

"Get some rest, little one. You have a big day today," he whispered against my hair.