Chapter 29: Imperio

TW Blood

"Imperio," Lucius whispered, sending a wave of calm rushing over me.

"No," I whispered, trying to fight it as he held me tightly in his grip.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n."

"No." I could feel the tears slipping down my face as I fought against the curse, the calm fighting to break through the barriers in my mind. I focused on Harry, seeing how he fought with Voldemort.

"It's okay, sweetheart. Stop fighting the curse. It will be over before you know it. I would never do anything to hurt you. You'll be perfectly safe," he soothed, running a hand over the top of my head. Harry screamed in pain as the Cruciatus curse ripped through his body. Tears slipped down my face as the curse froze my body in place, unable to do anything to stop the torture Harry was going through... the torture I knew all too well. Memories flashed in my head of all the times my uncle had tortured me as I cried for relief. The sense of calm was creeping into the corners of my mind, pushing those memories to the side as my muscles started to slowly relax.

"No..." I whispered as the feeling slipped through my memories, pushing each one to the side. My body felt limp as Lucius held me upright. I watched, powerless to do anything, as two wands connected in midair. I could hear the screams coming from Voldemort's wand as two faces I recognized all too well appeared next to Harry.

"Lily... James..." I whispered.

"Y/n, keep quiet or you'll get yourself killed," Lucius hissed. He knew my history with the Potters and I could see he was doing everything in his power to keep me safe but I didn't want any part of it. I didn't want his protection if Harry's life was the cost of it. It was as if something clicked in that moment and any sense of calm I once had was pushed out of my mind. Every painful memory and fear I ever had came rushing back. I fought past the pain as Harry made it to Cedric's body.

"Y/n!" Harry called to me. Lucius still held me in his grip as all the Death Eaters turned to look at me.

Just go! I yelled to him, my voice ringing in his head.

No! I'm not leaving you here with them! He replied.

Voldemort was advancing on Harry, his wand raised. Harry's eyes met mine, tears filling them as he contemplated what to do.

Harry, it's okay... I'll be along shortly. Just get yourself out of here.

He shook his head, raising his wand as he prepared to fight Voldemort once more.

Harry just go!

"Let Y/n go!" Harry yelled as Voldemort and several other Death Eaters laughed.

"Y/n, come here for a moment," Voldemort's snake-like voice hissed. Lucius reluctantly released me and I walked toward Voldemort. He took my hand, his pale, bony fingers giving my hand a gentle squeeze before releasing me.

"Happy now, Harry Potter?" he chuckled. "She's free."

Without any warning Harry quickly reached for me, pulling me toward Cedric's body. I could feel the sense of calm being replaced with adrenaline as the curse was ended.

"Accio cup!" he called as the cup flew toward his hand. The earth swirled out from under me, being replaced by soft grass as music filled my ears. I struggled to sit up and Fluer's scream ripped through the air as Albus began to pull Harry away from Cedric. "Dumbledore, what's happened?!" Cornelius said, standing over us.

Harry was visibly shaking as Dumbledore assured him everything would be okay. Blood was dripping from my hand as I my mind searched for a way to revive Cedric.

"No..." I whispered. I could feel the rage forming in my body once again as my father's face flashed in my mind. Amos Diggory ran through the crowd of people, his screams ripping through the air as Arthur Weasley held him upright.

"No! That's my boy!" he screamed. I could feel the tears slipping down my cheeks as my hand rested over Cedric's silent heart. The cut on my hand burned as my hands began glowing a dark blue. I backed away from Cedric's body as the cut on my hand began increasing in size, stretching up my arm.

"Y/n..." I heard Severus behind me, noticing the cut spreading up my arm. "Y/n, xweetheart, there's nothing you can do."The wind picked up, blowing my hair out of my face as the cut reached my elbow. I screamed in pain, unable to control it as the spell reached its peak.

"Y/n!" Severus screamed, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I've got you, love," he whispered.

My body was growing weak as I struggled to stay awake. "Harry..." My body fell into Severus's arms, breathing heavily. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry," I whispered as Cedric's face flashed in my mind. He was dead and it was all my fault. My eyes squeezed shut, trying to push away the memory of him lying there, dead. It wasn't until I opened my eyes again that I realized Harry and Alastor were nowhere to be seen.