Chapter 18: Jealousy

"Let's go, princess. You are coming back to the Great Hall with me," Severus hissed, seeming particularly annoyed.

"Sev, what has gotten into you?"

"Nothing," he hissed.

"Merlin, Severus, are you jealous?! Of Igor!? You can't be serious!"

"I'm not jealous! I just don't like him talking to you!"

"Yeah... that's the exact definition of jealous, baby."

He turned around, pulling me into a small nook in the corridor, pressing my body against the wall. "It's daddy to you, princess... and if I ever see Igor's hands on you again I will cut them off. I don't want a filthy little man like that touching my princess."

"Sev, I-."

"What did I say?" he growled, wrapping his hand around my throat, though not applying much pressure as I knew he didn't want to hurt me. "It's daddy to you... and Igor does not touch what is mine. I've seen the way that filthy little man looks at you."

"What...?"

"Don't tell me you haven't noticed the way he acts around you? The way his gaze lingers on you in the Great Hall. The way he watches you walk away."

"What? No! Severus, how could I have possibly noticed that?"

"Oh, please. Anyone could've seen it. I'm surprised you didn't notice!"

"How could I have noticed?! Why would I notice him when I'm looking at you?!" I hissed. "In the Great Hall I'm looking at you! If I'm walking away I'm most likely walking toward you! And if I'm not walking toward you I'm thinking about when I'll see you again! I'm not paying attention to some other man because I'm thinking about you!" I yelled. He seemed slightly taken aback and I could see his eyes beginning to water before he crashed his lips against mine. His hips pressed against mine, holding me against the wall, as his lips moved in sync with mine.

"I love you, baby," he murmured against my lips. "I'm sorry. I just don't want to lose you and I don't trust Igor."

"You're not going to lose me, Sev. Igor is just a friend. How many times do I have to tell you I love you before you truly believe me? How many times do I have to tell you I don't want anyone else?!"

He sighed, though I could see the relief on his face as he pulled me as close as he possibly could to his chest. "Well at least once more, princess."

I chuckled, twirling a lock of his curled hair around my finger. "I'm yours, Sev. I love you, darling."

He smiled, kissing my forehead before we headed back to the Great Hall.

We danced for most of the night while also trying to keep students out of trouble. We had a good time and it wasn't until we returned to my chambers that things took a turn.