Chapter 12: Study Hall

I stood in the Great Hall as the students finished up their assignments, though it seemed Harry and Ron were too focused on discussing the Yule Ball to focus on any of their school work. I noticed Severus push Ron's head back toward his work and I gave him a warning look. He walked to the front of the Great Hall where I stood.

"What?" he whispered.

"You know what, Mister! Did you have to push Ron's head?"

"I'd like to push your head," he whispered in my ear, enjoying how flustered I became.

"Watch yourself, Snape." With that I walked away, watching some Ravenclaws finishing up their work as Severus walked back toward the Gryffindor table, standing behind Angelina Johnson as he pretended to read from a notebook in his hands, though I could tell he was paying attention to the students. I saw him slowly moving toward Harry, Ron, and Hermione, closing the book. I carefully walked toward the Gryffindor table, suspicious of his actions. He smacked Ron on the back of the head with the book and I quickly moved toward him as he raised the book, preparing to smack Harry. I grabbed his wrist, stopping his movements, and he sent me a glare most people would be terrified of. I could feel several pairs of eyes on us as I carefully grabbed the book from his hand, still holding his wrist with my other hand.

"Now, apologize," I said, giving him a smirk.

"Excuse me?" he hissed.

"Apologize to my Godson and his friends."

"And why on earth would I do that?" he challenged.

"Do you really want me to answer that?" I replied. "One. Year," I hissed, carefully enunciating each word. Horror filled his eyes as he realized what I meant and he quickly turned toward Harry, Ron, and Hermione, who were looking up at us, curiously.

"My... apologies," he hissed, walking away from them.

"Bloody hell!" Ron exclaimed. "You've got him whipped for you, don't you?"

"Perhaps," I chuckled.

"I've never seen Snape actually listen to anyone other than Dumbledore," Harry chuckled. He stood up, giving me a small hug before pulling away. "Thanks for... stopping him, Aunt Y/n... and I'm sorry about what happened at the Burrow. I shouldn't have behaved that way."

"Thank you, Harry," I replied as he sat back down and I walked back down the aisle, waiting for the students to finish their work.

A few minutes later Hermione handed Severus her notebook and stormed out the Great Hall, seeming particularly annoyed with Harry and Ron. The two boys continued talking and I could see Severus rolling up his sleeves but I was too far away to do anything before I saw him push both of their heads down. He looked up, locking eyes with me, and I raised a brow. His eyes widened and I shook my head, smirking, before turning away, allowing him to sit with the idea that he would be punished later.