Chapter 53: Show's Over

"If you loved him you wouldn't be crying after I said I loved you." His words hung in the air, leaving me shocked at the harshness of them. His next actions shocked me. His hand moved up, capturing my arm and pulling me against his chest. In an instant his hands were around my waist and his lips were pressed to mine. All of my memories from Hogwarts came rushing back and I found myself struggling to pull away. I stood there, stiff, but unable to move away from him. My arms remained at my sides and my lips didn't move but it was as if I was frozen, unable to focus on what was happening. It wasn't until Severus's face flashed in my mind that I was able to push Sirius away, breathing heavily. My head was swimming with thoughts of both of them and it felt as if I was 15 all over again struggling with my emotions for each of them. I raised my hand to my forehead, trying to calm the swirling thoughts and the spinning feeling I felt.

I heard footsteps walking toward me before I felt a pair of arms around my waist and I heard Remus's voice.

"That was a dick move, Pads," he spat, turning back to me.

"Are you alright?" he asked me and I nodded.

"Y/n, you can't stand here and tell me that you feel nothing after that." Sirius moved closer, bringing his hand to my cheek, but Remus pulled that hand away from me as I spoke.

"I'm not having this conversation, Sirius. I'm with Severus. You and I were friends before we got together and I don't want to lose that... and we need to be there for Harry." I was trying to maintain any sort of friendship we had while all my old feelings came rushing back.

"Harry needs stability, pup... he needs his godparents together."

"Don't do that. Don't try to use Harry as a reason for us to get back together. Sirius, I care about you a lot but... I've moved on." I couldn't tell who my words hurt more... Sirius or me.

"Why him, pup?"

I sighed. "I've already answered this question, Sirius. We're just hurting each other more by having this conversation. Please... just let it go."

"Pads, just let it go," Remus said, trying to keep his voice calm. "I think you've hurt her enough."

"Y/n... I'm sorry," Sirius whispered but I ignored it.

"And next time you want to tell Harry something like that, come talk to me about it first. We're his family and this isn't going to work if we don't talk about it and come to a resolution."

He nodded, not knowing what else to say

I let out a breath I didn't even realize I'd been holding before turning to the rest of the Order who was standing in the hallway.

"Enjoy the show?" I spat, wiping the tears from my cheeks. "Well, guess what? Show's over." With that I turned and left Grimmauld Place, desperately needing to see Severus.

A/N: This chapter was really short so I'm uploading a second chapter right now! :) Enjoy!