Chapter 16: Mistletoe

I awoke the next morning surrounded by Severus's warmth.

"Good morning, princess," he whispered into my hair. I smiled, slowly rolling over, and was met with his beautiful smile.

"Good morning, Sev."

"Merry Christmas, darling," he whispered.

"Merry Christmas, Sev," I whispered.

"Merlin, you're so beautiful, princess," he whispered. Warmth rose to my cheeks and he chuckled. "Especially when you blush."

I chuckled, burying my face in his chest, and I heard the low rumble of his laughter.

"Come, love. We should probably get up. I'm afraid we've slept in and it's lunchtime now."

I chuckled, slowly rolling out of bed as Severus did the same.

"I'm going to go change, princess. I'll see you in the Great Hall." He pressed a kiss to my forehead before leaving my chambers.

...

About a half hour later I was walking to the Great Hall when I heard footsteps behind me. I turned to look, seeing Severus striding down the corridor.

"Hello, darling." He interlocks his fingers with mine, kissing my cheek as we make our way to the Great Hall.

The Great Hall was decorated for Christmas and elves were running around making final preparations for the ball tonight. Severus and I made our way to the teacher's table and I could see Minerva and Albus whispering about something, seeming particularly giggly today. I took a seat next to Minerva, Severus sitting next to me.

"What are you two so giddy about?" I asked Minerva. She simply looked up, giggling.

I looked up, following her eyes, finally seeing what she was giggling about. Directly above where Severus and I were sitting, a mistletoe was floating. Severus looked at me curiously as I chuckled. He followed my gaze, finally realizing why Albus and Minerva were giggling.

"Come on, Severus. It's tradition. You have to kiss her," Minerva exclaimed. His cheeks turned slightly pink and he looked down. Minerva nudged me, wiggling her eyebrows at me and I playfully slapped her before taking Severus's hand. I interlocked our fingers, bringing my other hand to his cheek as he turned to me. I leaned forward, softly pressing my lips to his. I released his hand, moving both arms around his neck as he held my face in his hands. We heard several claps around the Great Hall, particularly from the Slytherin table as well as Albus and Minerva. Severus moved his hand behind my head, tangling in my hair. Several whistles could be heard as Severus deepened the kiss, though he seemed to forget there was anyone else in the room. We pulled away and he pecked my lips a few more times before smirking at me. His hand moved to my cheek, stroking it softly. Minerva giggled and he rolled his eyes, quickly returning to his food, keeping one hand on my thigh as he ate.