Chapter 2: Amos Diggory

"Did she have to bring him?" I heard Harry hiss from a room down the hall. I was standing in the burrow, having just used the bathroom, when I heard Harry, Ron, and Hermione having a heated discussion in another room.

"She loves him, Harry," Hermione reasoned.

"Hermione, it's Snape! He hates us! What the bloody hell is he doing here!?" Ron hissed.

"Honestly, Ronald, you really are daft sometimes! Can't you tell he loves her!? You're right, he does hate us but he's here for her!"

"Hermione, he called you an insufferable know-it-all! He constantly insults us! Why are you defending him!?" Harry hissed.

"Why aren't you!?" Hermione shouted. "She's your godmother and she loves him! Why am I the only one trying to see the good in their relationship?"

"I did! When she first told me I tried to see the good in him but he would have willingly turned in Sirius! And he's the reason Remus lost his job!" Harry responded.

I stepped into the room, all three pairs of eyes falling on me, looks of horror on their faces.

"Well, don't stop on my account," I said bitterly. "No, please. Tell me more about how much you hate my relationship with Severus."

"Y/n, we..."

"Don't, Harry. I've heard all I needed to hear. Do you even want me here?"

"Yes! Of course I want you here! It's just... Snape... he's..."

"He's what, Harry?"

The room fell silent as all eyes fell on something behind me. I turned around, my eyes locking with Severus's.

"Should I go?" he asked.

"Yes," Harry hissed, quietly.

"No!" I replied, walking toward him. "No, I want you here, Severus." I wrapped my arms around his neck as he rested his on my waist. "Come on, let's go downstairs," I said as he turned toward the door and I turned toward Harry.

"Harry, I love you and I want to be in your life. I hope you can put aside your hatred for Severus."

He said nothing and I left the room, hand in hand with Severus as we made our way downstairs.

"Y/n! There you are, dear. Arthur said the kids were just finishing their packing. Are they ready?" Molly asked.

"Oh, uhm... I'm not sure. They didn't seem to be doing much packing when I went up there," I replied, bitterly.

"What's wrong, Y/n?"

"Nothing, Molly. Everything's fine," I said, giving her a small smile. I knew she didn't believe me but she didn't press the issue.

"Ginny, run along and see if those three are ready. Your father is ready to leave."

I turned to Serverus as Molly and Ginny left the room.

"I'm so sorry about them," I said, holding his face in my hands.

"Do you agree with them?"

"What? Severus, no!" I replied, stroking his cheeks. "Oh, my love... I hate that you feel this way. I love you so much, Sev." I pushed his hair out of his face and pressed my lips to his. He moves his hand to the back of my head, while the other rests on my waist, holding me close, as if he's afraid to let go. Someone cleared their throat from the doorway and we quickly parted, though his fingers were still intertwined with mine. I turned around, noticing several pairs of eyes on us. Molly, Arthur, Harry, Ron, Ginny, and Hermione were standing in the doorway. Ron and Harry were scowling while the others were beaming at Severus and I.