Chapter 4: Men in Masks

We were walking toward our seats, climbing up the stairs, when I heard a familiar voice.

"Well, put it this way.... If it rains, you'll be the first to know," Lucius said, answering Ron's question as to how high up we were. I rolled my eyes before turning toward Lucius, though he couldn't see me.

"Father and I are in the Minister's box... by personal invitation of Cornelius Fudge himself," Draco said, proudly. Lucius turned around, jabbing his cane into Draco's stomach.

"Don't boast, Draco. There's no need with these people," he hissed. Harry turned around, preparing to walk away when Lucius lifted his cane, catching Harry's jacket. I quickly stepped forward, removing his cane from Harry's jacket, and moving Harry behind me.

"Y/n! Didn't see you there, love. What on earth are you doing here with the Weasley family?" There was a slight look of fear in his eyes once he realized I was there but it quickly disappeared, making me wonder if I had imagined it.

"I was invited," I replied.

"Honestly, you should have asked me. I could have gotten you much better seats."

"I'm quite alright with the seats I have, thank you," I hissed, growing angry with him. "I suggest you keep your hands off of Harry and mind your tongue when speaking to Arthur and his family."

"Oh, please. Why should I care?"

"Because if you care about me at all, you'll leave well enough alone," I hissed. His eyes softened for a brief moment before locking on Harry.

"Do enjoy yourself, won't you?... While you can... Oh, and Y/n?" he said, looking at me once again. "Be safe tonight." With that he walked away, leaving me confused as I returned to Severus.

"What was that about?" he whispered.

"No idea... but stay close to me tonight. I don't like the way he said that... Did you see how afraid he looked when he saw I was here? It was as if he was worried or something... and the way he said to be safe..."

"Something's going to happen tonight," Severus finished, already knowing what I was going to say. He took my hand in his, pulling me close to him as we made our way toward our seats, completely unaware of the men in masks preparing their attack.

***

The tournament passed smoothly, though Lucius's words rang in my ear. I couldn't get them out of my head but I tried to focus on enjoying the tournament.

By the end of the night many of us were dancing and drinking, though Severus wasn't interested in joining the Weasley family in their celebrations. He told me to enjoy the festivities and we would meet back up in a few hours. Everything was going fine and I seemed to have forgotten Lucius's words but I was quickly reminded when Arthur came running into the tent.

"Sounds like the Irish have got their pride on," one of the twins said, laughing, but Arthur quickly stopped them.

"Stop that! It's not the Irish!" he hissed. "We need to get out of here!"

"Arthur, what's going on?" I asked.

"Death Eaters. They're here."

"What!?"

"I've got to go and help the Ministry, but the kids... I-."

"I've got them, Arthur. I'll go and grab Severus from our tent and we'll get them out of here."

"Thank you," he sighed in relief as we made our way out of the tent. As soon as we stepped out of the tent I saw Severus leaving our tent and quickly running toward us.