Chapter 11

[2 weeks later]

Y/n's pov

'Open your mouth.' Shinobu says as she checks you for the final time before you were discharged. 

'Everything looks fine!' She chirps as she lets you stand up, you finally having changed into your uniform after three days of laying in bed and a week and half long rehabilitation training. 

'Arigato, Shinobu-chan.' You thank her, her only laughing in her seat as you turn back around to leave.

'CAW! L/N Y/N AND TOMIOKA GIYU! To the North East! Reports of demon sightings! HURRY UP!' Just as you step out of the butterfly estate, your crow, Taro, chases up behind you, half head butting you in the back as it shouts out the mission. 

'HURRY UP, L/N!' Taro almost screams, and you push his beak away from you as he tries to nib at your hair. 

'Yamero! I'm on my way!' You yell back at him as he keeps trying to nib your hair with its beak. 

'CAW!' Taro shouts into the air once more as he flies away, and you sense his pleasure from his eyes for irritating you for the first time in two weeks. 

'L/n, you are going the other way.' You stop on your track as you hear Tomioka's voice behind you, turning around to see him watching you with his own crow on his shoulder. 

'Are you sure you did not hurt your head?' He asks with his usual straight face that you wonder if he was trying to joke or actually calling you weird. 

'How about you say that to Shinobu.' You say back, slowly walking towards him. 

'L/N! HURRY UP!' Your crow screams from the air down at you, placing a savage squeeze on your plait with its foot. 

'Yamero, Taro!' You shout as the crow cackles flying out of your reach, Tomioka only watching you and your bird with his cold expression, making everything so much more embarrassing.

'Gomen ne.' You say dryly at his unimpressed face, even his crow resembling his unaffected expression as it watches you. Giving a glare at Taro currently sitting on a tree branch, you sprint towards Tomioka, him only turning around to walk forward.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You reach the town as the evening settles in, the farmers packing away the remnants of their products for the night from the market.

'Better get them home early. People go missing at this time every night these days.' 

'Wonder where they are all going.'

'It's the town's god taking them! Those who committed sins!' 

'You're not calling Aiko's son a sinner, Hiroto?' 

Hearing them talk about missing people, you walk over to them without hesitating, Tomioka following you as he looks around the surrounding for any signs of danger.

'Sumimasen. You said people are going missing?' You ask the farmer named Hiroto, him looking surprised as he looks down at you. 

'Ee. Hiroto's son, and many girls have gone missing the past week. You better not be running around at this time, they might take you next!' He says, wriggling his hand towards you as if to scare a little girl.