Prequel 3

Y/n's pov

'Is something wrong?' Your mother asks as the maid carries you along the corridor, you reaching towards her that she takes you from the maid into her arms. 

'It seems that the new children picked fights with the siblings, Yoko-sama. The siblings are just shocked, nobody behaves so savagely in the house after all.' The maid says, your sister scurrying forward to clutch your mother's yukata as well.

'Souka? Please get back to work. I will talk to them.' Your mother says, leading you to your parents' room.

Your mother puts you down on the warm floor inside their room, you immediately sprinting over to their folded bedding and shoving yourself under the blankets. You see your sister stand in front of you looking confused as she picks at her lips, your mother sitting in front of you both before pulling your sister onto one lap.

'Y/n. Please come out and sit while I talk to you.' She says, lifting the blankets to show her soft brown eyes. You crawl back out of the blankets, sitting beside your sister still watching your mother pat the blanket to straighten it.

'Even when things seem unfair, you must treat everyone equally no matter their wealth or status. Not every child has the privileges that you both were given and you must be grateful for the life you have. Be generous to others who are less fortunate than yourself. Do not let anyone change your good natures.' She says, the concept still feeling vague and abstract to you, but you still nod, remembering the three children's face filled with negative emotions.

'Dinner must be ready by now. Let's go outside.' She says, your sister nodding before standing up, nudging you to do the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That evening, your tutor leaves after giving you and your sister her usual task to write a piece by tomorrow when she would visit again. Your sister was always the talented one when it came to literature, the words coming naturally onto the tip of her brush as she seamlessly writes on the soft paper. Even the townspeople usually visited your estate to buy her work, some offering to add their art to her poetry and books. Usually the money that your sister made was saved in her money box, occasionally taking some out to buy you both some sweets or toys whenever you followed your parents to the town market. 

On the other hand, you were never the one good with typical academic work, more interested in the stories of your ancestors fighting demons, the otherworldly techniques that they wielded along with the real nichirin blade of your father up on the wall in your family estate. Although you always tried to prob your parents further with the stories and how to become a demon slayer the moment you came to know that they still existed to this day, your parents usually tried to revert your attention to something else such as art or law. Despite their reluctance, your parents were still keen on teaching you both at least the basics of self defence being aware that there were demons that come without a warning, and that everyone was at risk even when your father was a skilled demon slayer. They told you that you both at least knew how to defend yourself until the demon slayers come if you are ever encountered with demons, your mother's expression tinting with slight discomfort whenever you declared cheerfully that you want to be one of those people who come to save others.