Giyu and Y/n parenting 🍲

Author's note: Just family fluff because I think the ending was kind of too quick even though if I included all of these the whole story would be way too long.

I recommend reading 'what happened to y/n and giyu' chapter before this one just to get context tho!

Y/n's pov

'Oka-san! Can you please help me with the drawing?' Yui says at your back, you having been in you and Giyu's shared room staring at two paintings for the 100th time for your next exhibition in the museum.

'Hmm?' You say as Yui crawls onto your lap, her shining blue orbs glancing at the paintings.

'Oto-san!' She yells as she points to the two portraits of the water hashira, you patting her head.

'Indeed....it is your father...' you say, remembering the two artists almost begging you to select their art instead of the other one earlier that day when you were out with Giyu looking for the portraits of the hashiras.

'Well then. What do you need help with?' You ask Yui, her sliding down to lay on your lap as she flips through her notebook filled with arts of Sabito, her friends whom were mostly Mitsuri and Obanai's children, and Kotaro the dog.

'You drew a lot, didn't you?' You ask again, her grinning up at you with her beautiful blue eyes and light pink blush on her cheeks that you start tickling her sides, her giggling loudly as she flings her book into the air.

'Oka-san!' she yells in between laughs, you catching her drawing book before handing it to her, Yui now comfortably placed on your lap once again.

'I- I drew Sabito and his udon! But I can't mix the colours properly.' She whines, pointing at the yellow pain all over the udon bowl in the drawing.

'Well it looks very good, Yui.' you say, once again surprised by Yui's talent in art despite her only being 6.

'Oka-san! You're not being serious.' she says, twisting her body in your arms as you study her drawings, caught up by the fine details of her brushwork.

'I am, Yui. Sabito there looks so real in your drawing!' You say, carefully touching your son's face in the drawing, Yui's tightened eyebrows loosening a little as she looks up at you looking doubtful.

'But the udon looks ugly!' She says grumpily, rubbing at the yellow paint on the paper.

'It's nowhere ugly! Oka-san would pay a thousand yen if I could taste the udon in your drawing.' you say, her giggling as she eyes you as if you are weird.

'Even if you don't like how it turned out, you have to look for the positives. Sabito's hair colour is identical to this paint colour!' You say, Yui happily occupying herself with her pen and her paper once again, lying on her stomach on the floor. You stroke her hair, her laughing time to time as you undo her messy braid, brushing out her h/c hair and weaving them again.

Just as you think of asking Yui about any art supplies she needs for when you go into town for work tomorrow, you hear the cheerful yell of your son in the garden, him scurrying into the kitchen with maids cooking dinner.

'Giyu! Don't let him touch anything hot!' You yell at Giyu looking exhausted from playing with Sabito for hours in the evening after tiring exhibition work all day.

'Wakata...' he says, dragging himself into the kitchen to follow Sabito.

Giyu's pov

'Sabito...please..' I say more to myself at Sabito happily running into the busy kitchen, somehow feeling more tired playing with the children than when I was fighting demons. I watch his eyes grow larger watching the fire underneath the pot, the maid boiling the soup.