Chapter 15

Y/n's pov

'Aaarkkk' You walk into the dojo in the butterfly estate after having a long chat with the Master over his green tea about everything ranging from how you were finding your missions to how Giyu was doing on his own journey to finally getting permission to visit home with a few of your friends just for a few days. Smiling to yourself as you hear the usual screaming of children getting rehabilitation training louder today, you see Aoi shouting at the usual Tanjiro and his friends to try harder.

'L/n-san!' The three little girls shout as they see you walking in, you looking surprised to see Tanjiro on the floor with his arm on his back by Kanao, his eyes white.

'Sorry to interrupt...but can I speak to the three of them please? It won't take long.' You tell Aoi and Kanao, Kanao only looking at Aoi as if to ask for her permission herself.

'Only for a few minutes, L/n-san!' Aoi says, her crossing her arms as she lets go of Zenitsu.

'Why did you want to speak to us, L/n-san?' Tanjiro asks as he follows you out to the garden just outside the dojo, his face looking pleasant.

'Well first, I heard you all have beaten the upper rank demon! Omedeto.' You say, three children blushing except Inosuke decides that it is appropriate to snort very loudly too.

'And second, this might sound a little abrupt, but I was wondering if you would like to visit my family estate to celebrate the upcoming new year and perhaps my sister's wedding. The spirit estate is known for training one's inner strength so I thought it might be helpful to invite you all.' You say, Zenitsu's blush getting even deeper.

'Honto niiiii?!' Zenitsu says, his words dragging loudly as his whole body twists itself with his blush.

'U-un...' You say, Tanjiro looking confused at his friend for a second before returning to you with his normal lovely face.

'Arigato, L/n-san! That would be great for training and also to have a relaxing time for once.' He says, and you wave your hand as Tanjiro drags Zenitsu and Inosuke back to the dojo.

/// many days of green tea splashes and mountain climbing later ///

'I can feel the spirit onsen already!' Mitsuri squeals happily by your side as you become nearer to your family estate, the 9 of you walking through the town towards your family estate

'I can feel the spirit onsen already!' Mitsuri squeals happily by your side as you become nearer to your family estate, the 9 of you walking through the town towards your family estate. The Spirit estate was placed a little further from the centre of the town where most of the usual town chaos such as markets and streets' udon stations happened - a wise choice of land from your ancestors, you thought, as one could never truly focus in peace when people were always forming a very long, loud, line in front of the takoyaki station.

'Mitsuri-san! Be careful!' Shinobu says as Mitsuri almost bumps into the udon station, Mitsuri half ignoring her as she twirls around savouring the smell of the food.

'We're getting nearer!' You say, you pulling Giyu by his sleeve as he looks severely miserable at the town's usual chaos.

'This town... is so chaotic just like the one with yamakake udon...' You hear Tanjiro say as he holds Zenitsu's sleeve trying not to get lost in the children running around with takoyaki balls.

After another few minutes of walking, you stop at the gate with the sculptures of deers on the either side, the scent of fresh hot peppermint wafting out from the spirit onsen near the estate. You push open the gate, stepping into your family estate for the first time in 2 years, the usual vast garden showing in front of you.

'Onee-san!' You shout, waving your hand as you see your older sister's back to you as she stands by the bare sakura tree, the snow having piled upon the tree branches.

Tanjiro's pov

I follow L/n-san into the gate, the large garden covered in snow although the big orange fish still swam in the small pond with lily pads holding the snow.

'Onee-san!' L/n-san shouts as she sees a woman's back in the distance by a tree, her long hair riding the wind. The woman turns around, her flower patterned uchiwa hiding her face below the eyes.

'Y/n!' The woman says, her eyes blooming large for a second as she lowers the uchiwa, sprinting over to L/n-san

'You made it!' She says, L/n-san returning her hug before turning towards us.

'Welcome back, Kyojuro, Shinobu, Mitsuri-chan! I watch her greet the other hashiras into the garden, them joking to each other that I assume that they have already met each other before.

'Ara? Kyojuro-san! What happened to your eye?' The woman asks, Rengoku-san talking about the demon from the mission as they all walk into the garden.

'You must also be demon slayers. Irasshaimase! Watashi wa Sayuri desu.' She turns to face us, her brown eyes holding a soft smile.

'Watashi wa Kamado Tanjiro. Nice to meet you.' I say, looking at Inosuke and Zenitsu to do the same, praying that Inosuke behaves himself.

'Saaayuuuriiii-saaaan!' I see Zenitsu already twisting his whole body, his hands already up on his red face. 'SAAAYUUURIII-SAAAN!' He says, running around Sayuri-san before flopping onto her wrapping his arms around her although he only reaches up to her shoulders.

'Zenitsu!' I shout trying to drag him back, Inosuke laughing wildly out of nowhere before running towards the pond trying to catch the orange fish under the water.

'Sayuriii-sannnn- Please marry meeeee!' Zenitsu yells, Sayuri-san looking surprised as anyone would be too.

'You're too young for her! Also, did you forget this whole thing is about her wedding?' L/n-san shouts at Zenitsu, physically detaching him from her sister by his collar.

'EHHHHHH?! TANJIROOO why wouldn't you tell me that Sayuri-chan is already-!'

'I told you before!' L/n-san says, restraining Zenitsu by his arms.

'Ara ara! Sayuri-chan! I see you have a second fiance!' Kocho-san chirps, Sayuri-san only laughing softly before leading us further into the mansion.

Author's note: omg that Y/n squad transition illustration took ages to draw lol