Chapter 60

Y/n's pov

You feel your eyes peek open, the soft blanket covering you as you notice the familiar ceiling of your room in your family estate. The room is surprisingly quiet, your muscles feeling tense from having been still for so long. Lifting yourself up, your bones cracking in places as you move, you look up at the window, the snowflakes gathering on the windowsill. Your gaze follows the falling snowflakes, the garden collecting the snow on the ground, stamped with multiple footprints on its pure form. 

Snow?

Opening the window, you raise your palm out towards the falling snow, the cold winter air rushing into the warm room as you inhale the freezing wind deeply. The snowflakes land on your palm, melting quickly as it touches your skin, its coldness reminding you that you are indeed well alive and solid in the material realm. 

I'm here again.

I'm finally back home. 

Giyu's pov

'Arigato, Giyu-san.' Aiko-san says as I take the small tray of onigiri and green tea from the kitchen for Tanjiro, the children having spent the whole day trying to make a treehouse on one of the trees on the side of the garden even missing their lunch in the process. I thank her back, stepping out of the kitchen into the garden, the snow being squashed with every step with a soft crushing sound. 

'Tanjiro?' I call as I step onto the engawa of the main estate, sliding open to shoji door to walk down the corridor towards his and Nezuko's room. 

'Did you open the window, Tanjiro?' I ask as I feel the stream of cold air flowing into the corridor, the estate falling silent. I wonder if they had run off back out to the garden to work on the tree house, thinking I would just leave his food in his room for him to eat whenever suits him. 

'Tanjiro?' I call again as I locate the source of the freezing wind, stopping in front of Y/n's room. I feel my arms tremble as I look up, the blankets thrown back from her place, her back facing the corridor with her arm outstretched to collect the snowflakes. She slowly turns her head towards me as I feel the wooden tray leave my hands, crashing against the floor as I blankly watch her lips part upon seeing me by the door. 

'Y/n..?' I stare at her for a second, watching her move on her own, her eyes no longer closed in silence. 

'Giyu!' I hear her yell, her voice feeling like the stream of warmth melting the tight knot inside me that have been building up all this time. Before I can think through, I feel my feet start to run into the room, my knees hitting the floor in front of her as I squeeze her against me. I feel her lean against me in my arms, her tense muscles relaxing as she rests her chin on my shoulder. 

'Why are you so late.' I say, my voice sounding muffled as I feel the back of my eyes burn. 'I waited so long. So long for you to come back.' I say as her arms slide around my back, feeling her lips inch upwards against my shoulder. 

'Sorry. I'm sorry I came so late. But I'm back now. And I won't go anywhere else.' She says, squeezing me back with her arms before wiping the tears from her eyes. 

'I missed you.' I say, feeling her head turn to see me although she stays in my arms.

'I missed you too.' She replies, her lips curling upwards once again.