Chapter 52

Author's note: lol the drawings may not match the story order / details exactly bc o drew them a while ago and in between i added many plot details - just look at them for fun and dont take them too seriously 😂

Giyu's pov

'We didn't mean any harm! Please forgive her!' Tanjiro says at the man with red yukata, although he only fixes himself on the ground, his eyes turning white with light as his body turns stiff like stone.

'They both left.' Tanjiro says as the deer's mark pulse on the man's neck, him kneeling on the ground as his spirit leaves the material plane.

'She's still alive, Giyu-san! We have to get her help!' He yells, pulling me by my arm urgently as he stands up.

'What if she doesn't pass their trial? She'll die, right?' I say, her body against mine still warm with shallow pulse yet them feeling more like a stream gradually drying up instead of a constant river of life. He only looks down at me, his wide glassy red eyes shifting onto Y/n.

'She will pass. Until then, we have to help her physical self heal as much as she can, Giyu-san. She'll need us. We can't just give up on her!' He says, rubbing at his eyes with his sleeve, getting rid of the remaining tears.

'You're right...' I say, forcing my legs to stand, Y/n's head on my arm rolling to her side as the kakushi rush over to us, some of them circling the man in red yukata, chattering among themselves.

Tanjiro's pov

'Onii-chan!' I hear someone voice from the other side, my throat feeling choked as I feel my eyes sting even before I can open my mouth.

'Onii-chan! Let's go home!' I look up, the tingling pain on my nose spreading over to my muscles as I feel they tense.

'Nezuko!' I yell, ignoring the hoarse voice breaking as I see her run through the kakushi and injured slayers towards me. The numbness in my legs fade into the unconscious, them moving by themselves in full speed towards her.

'Nezuko! You're human again!' I say, her running into my arms, squeezing me tight.

'Let's go home, onee-chan.' She says, her grin widening through her tears, her teeth no longer showing the demon fangs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[a week ago]

Y/n's pov

'This is likely...to be our last meeting before the final battle. I believe you all have felt it yourself.' You feel the others look up as you hear Master's hoarse voice, his breath holding the scent of blood with every word, although his expression remains peaceful.

'I thank you.. for all the work you have done for humanity so far. Let us win for the final time. Once and for all.' He says, all pillars becoming alert as the Master's voice turns firmer.

'Hai.' you all reply, the air hanging heavy as you anticipate the upcoming war with Kibutsuji, the snowstorm outside raging as if to signal the upcoming war.

'That is why today, I am asking you all to write your wills.' The Master finishes, his usual soft eyes turning harsher although you sense the sadness behind his kind orbs. You feel the others tense, the words slapping like a whip as death lurks only days away. Normally, it was an unspoken rule to never write your wills among the hashiras, even when you all knew that a tomorrow was never promised when you decided to join the Corps. It was an unspoken trust among yourselves, to stay alive in every mission and look after each other to sustain everyone's place in the world. But everyone could feel in their guts that any words now could be your last ones before you left this world.