Chapter 45

Giyu's pov

'I can see...everything. You are all wrong. The pillars are falling by mere seconds....because human life are no different to a fly's...so feeble and meaningless.' Kibutsuji says, sweat beading on the others' foreheads from dodging the attacks. I feel the image of Y/n's usual pleasant face surfaces into my mind, so real that I wish I could believe it to be true, only to be replaced by the light going out of her unseeing eyes. 

No.

You can't die. 

You can't die this early. 

You can't die without keeping our promise. 

'Tomioka! Will you focus!' Shinazugawa's yell brings me back to the scene, just as Kibutsuji's long tendrils shoot out towards me. I slash the tendrils away from me, the other pillars gritting their teeth as they attack back. 

'Why the fuck are you believing his words! The crow hasn't had any message!' He screams at me, and I force my attention back to Kibutsuji.

Y/n's pov

'We have to hurry!' You yell at the others, leaving the biwa demon with the demon child dressed in Corps uniform, following the crow with the paper mark on its forehead. 

'Hai!' Mitsuri shouts back from behind as she runs beside Obanai, and you unsheathe your sword as you feel the heavy spirit thicken along the corridor as you approach Kibutsuji. 

'Leave this to the pillars for now. You stay here.' Obanai says to Tanjiro and Watanabe as you run, turning the corner towards the source of bloody spirit growing larger.

'Demo-'

'Follow the pillars' order, Kamado.' Tanjiro starts as he pulls out his own blade, Watanabe stopping him as he runs behind you. 'This won't be the same as fighting against the upper moons. We shouldn't interfere at least for the time being.' He adds, Tanjiro only staring at him for a few seconds before replying. 

'Wakarimashita, Y/n-san. Onegaishimas.' Tanjiro says, his expression hardening as you sense the bloody spirit looming across the whole corridor, him picking up the scents from the air as well. 

'Arigato, Tanjiro. Don't get yourselves killed.' You say, glancing back at the others before gripping your sword tighter, leaping into the source of the murderous bloody spirit. 

Miko's pov

'What the fuck are you still doing there! LEAVE!' I look up at the white haired pillar fighting against Kibutsuji's attack as I try to help Kiyoshi and Ren from the floor. 

'Come on.' I tell Ren, pulling him towards my shoulder to get out of the room. 

'No, are you joking? We have to fight him. We can't leave him all to the pillars. Don't you remember? That monster killed our family. I'm not going to sit by without doing anything.' He hisses, reaching for his sword on the floor despite his wound starting to split open again.

'Are you deaf?! Fucking leave here!' The white haired hashira shouts at us again, him griting his teeth as Kibutsuji's tendril sweeps him off of the floor, sending him fly into the wall. 

'Ren! You know we're not good enough. We'll only slow them down!' I whisper at him, his eyes burning with hatred as he eyes Kibutsuji from the floor. 

'Miko's right, Kotori. We have to go.' Kiyoshi says as he wipes the blood off of his mouth, trying to catch his breath as he regains his consciousness.