16

'All beings will die eventually.'

It was a word he had held in his heart ever since the world had gone into chaos after the monster appear.

The reason why many people died.

Even so...

Flop.

Clopeh sat down and could no longer stand up.  He was leaning against a tree looking nothing like the dashing commander Clopeh who was leading his troops.  He looks pitiful.

That didn't mean he wasn't burdened by the deaths of those around him.

"Clopeh, I'm sorry."

Clopeh heard Cale's voice behind him.

"It's not your fault."

Clopeh's mouth was heavy, but he still replied to Cale's words.

Cale sat down beside Clopeh.

"No. It was my fault. I made a promise, but I couldn't keep it. In the end, I had no way to stop the wyverns from self-destructing."

Cale held onto Clopeh's hand.

"I don't even blame you if you hate me now."
"Hah... You've always been like this. Nothing is predictable on the battlefield."

Clopeh returned Cale's hold on his hand.

"What's the point of me liking you for nearly 10 years if I'm going to hate you in the end? It's not like you didn't try."

From the battle just now, it looked like Cale and the others were trying their best not to hurt the wyverns.

But still...

Clopeh grits his teeth when he leans at Cale. Cale just can hold Clopeh's hand to comfort him..

But then...

Kiiiiii...

!?

Clopeh immediately stood up when he heard the wyvern's weak voice.

The small wyvern was hurt look like it was called Clopeh in a weak voice.

"Yuki!"

Kiiiii...

Clopeh always felt strange with Yuki.  He always flies freely as if he is not being controlled.

Yuki stroked its head at Clopeh.

'Yuki is a wild wyvern?'

'Hey, wait, I haven't controlled-!'

Clopeh recalled that Syrem had tried to stop him from approaching Yuki before.

Yuki was thrown by the larger wyvern into the forest so it's wouldn't get caught in the explosion.

However, it was still injured from getting a bit hit by the explosion.

Clopeh smiled and hugged Yuki's head gently.

"I'm glad you're alive, Yuki."

Cale took out a healing potion from his spatial bag, giving it to Clopeh.

Clopeh pours the potion at Yuki.

In an instant, Yuki recovered.

Kiiiiiiiii!

Clopeh smiled stroking Yuki who was still active as usual.

Yuki licked Clopeh's face making him chuckle in amusement.

He was already grateful that Yuki was alive.

Just as he was grateful for Kim Rok Soo to be the only survivor of that mission.