30

After the war with the north ended, the Mogoru empire began attacking the Whipper kingdom.

Bam!

“Cale, I can fight in the front line too! I can't just stand and do nothing while everyone is fighting for their lives!”

Clopeh slammed the table, making it crack, when Cale forbade him from joining in the war.

"I understand your feelings, Clopeh. But you know your way of fighting is well known to the empire who sees you train every day. You are at a huge disadvantage in a fight without aura."

Cale sighed, not going back on his decision this time.

"We're trying to hide that we're helping Whipper kingdom from the Empire."

Cale's voice was calm even though his eyes were sharp.  He now wore his priest appearance to cover his identity.

"Cale, I'm no longer Han Yong In! I can fight with my strength! You don't need to protect me like before! I can take care of myself!"

Clopeh didn't back down either.  Clopeh's grip made the table crack even more.

Seeing that gave Cale the goosebumps.

It was true that Clopeh currently had great strength and Cale did not need to be strict with him like how he made sure Han Yong In remained at the back line.

"I stand by my decision. If you break it, I won't care about you."

But Cale felt like he couldn't let Clopeh go to fight on the front lines.

'I know I'm selfish...'

Cale knew he was selfish.  He just didn't want to see Clopeh get hurt.

Seeing Clopeh hurt made him afraid, Clopeh would also leave him.

The person he had a very close relationship with, more than anyone else at the moment.

Even if he didn't fight, Clopeh could do something as daring as when he was at Henituse castle.

What if he fought on the front lines?

Clopeh gritted his teeth and left the room after hearing Cale's sharp words.

He knew that if Cale said something like that, it meant he was really stubborn right now.

Unlike ghost ship missions, they didn't know any information about their enemy's strength.

"Clopeh, why does your face look so, bad?"

Choi Han, who passed by, greeted Clopeh and saw his super annoyed face.

"I wanted to fight on the front lines, but that bastard wouldn't let me do that."

Clopeh's voice was deep as he held back his irritation.

Hearing Clopeh call Cale a bastard, Choi Han knew that Clopeh was really angry with Cale's actions.

"Haha, is that so? You can still fight ok the backline, you know that, don't you?"

Choi Han tried to persuade Clopeh because he understood Cale just wanted to make sure Clopeh didn't get hurt.

"I'm sick of fighting on the back lines without being able to do anything! I've been doing that for over 10 years!"

Clopeh spoke in a loud voice and wanted to punch the wall, before stopping because he knew, he would destroy the wall.

He took a deep breath, calming himself.

"Sorry. I got too emotional."

Clopeh already felt tired just from the emotions exploding inside him.

"I understand you, Clopeh. I also want to continue to protect the people I care about. But I agree with Cale nim. You are too reckless in deciding things."