ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30- ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴠᴇʀɴᴏʀ

JUNO's POV

We're heading now to the base, of course Zoe changed her clothes, natagalan pa kami ng konti dahil pinilit kong magpants, kilala ko ang Hendrix na yun napakamanyak tumitig, I can protect her but the eyes and dirty thoughts of people, I just can't handle that.

"What do you think the Governor wants from you?"

"I don't know, it's alarming but I need to stay calm so enemies won't look down on me"

"Your family.."

"I always have someone to look after them, don't worry binibini"

After a few minutes we arrived at the base, I wore my mask and everyone gave us a salute, I saluted back and held Zoe's hand. People are confused about why the great Nicoleigh Hart is with me, but that's their problem to solve.

"Chief" I salute and he returned the same energy.

"He's in the conference room" saad nito at kinamayan ako.

"Checked and cleared? No weapons? I'm with my woman so better check 10x"

I heard the Chief chuckle.

"Damn, you're pussy whipped, I know when you said you'll shoot me if I'll not rescan the governor coz you're with your woman"

I rolled my eyes at him and brought Zoe beside me, she's really silent when strangers are around.

"Chief, this is Nicoleigh Heart, binibini the Chief to the organization I.."

"Yeah, nice to meet you" malamig na saad ni Zoe at nawala ang ngiti ng Chief dahil hindi man lang kinuha ni Zoe ang kamay niya, pero at least binati siya.

Umiling nalang ako at tinapik sa balikat ang Chief na napahiya, gosh never did I wish to see him being rejected, he's a fine man.

"Be grateful, she greeted you, yung iba di man lang pinansin hahaha" I whispered before we left him there.

Bago kami pumasok sa conference room ay bumuntong hininga muna si Zoe, I know she's keeping her cool but deep inside she's on rage. I held her hand and looked at her.

"Chill mommy" I smiled at her and chuckled, she just gave me a roll.

"Sungit"

Pagbukas ko ng pinto ay agad kong nakita ang Governor na prenteng nakaupo at seryoso ang mukhang nakatingin sa amin, hindi nakatakas ang gulat na expresyon nito nang makita ang kasama ko.

"Good evening, Hendrix Rossi, speak because I'm busy"

"Good evening, Deputy Chief, and surprisingly Nicoleigh, hindi na ako magligoy ligoy pa, you beat up my uncle and that is not acceptable"

"Governor, that's not even enough compared to what he did to a 16 year old Nicoleigh Hart" I coldly pointed out.

"H-how.. you bitch!" I pointed him my pistol that made him stop.

"Don't, not when I'm alive, never talk dirty to her, no one can, or I'll make everyone's head go boom"

"Hindi na rin ako magpaligoy ligoy pa Governor, stay away from this and your image will be intact, the late Governor maybe sent you here because he have no power now, but I tell you, your uncle was imprisoned but never suffered because you gave him a luxurious life even he's locked up here, he'll root in jail for molesting a minor-"