ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 47- ꜰᴇᴇʟɪɴɢꜱ

NICOLEIGH's POV

(Continuation..)

I can't suppress my smile when this cool girl just calls me by my second name. I know, I should be angry because I hate that name, it reminds me of my traumas but this cool girl just brought another wave of feeling in me when she calls me Zoe. It's weird but I don't mind.

I might act a bit rude towards her but she never got intimidated, I'm used to being feared because of the impressions I left in the business world, but this kid is fearless and I think a bit dangerous. I still remember the first day I saw her.

I'm on my way to the parking lot, letting my smiles visible, remembering her concerns that I don't know how to park my car, actually I know how, I was just distracted earlier when I saw her motorbike, I know that it's her and everything is so fast she's already in my window offering to park my car, who am I to decline?

When I'm almost near my car, my attention is caught when a familiar figure is standing facing her back to me, is that Ivy? I thought she had left already. I was about to approach her when I saw who she was talking to, Quin..

A few minutes later the heiress of Jimenez approached her shyly giving her some paper, is that a love letter?! My gosh! It's so early for a school year to have something like that. She accepted it! What a chick magnet, I mentally roll my eyes.

Before the night ended I accidentally triggered something in her past, I felt bad about it. Sana hindi nalang ako nagpunta sa bar, I'm exhausted but chose to see her and end up having heavy hearts.

****
"Nico, are you sure you'll live on your own?" We were on our dine when Mom asked me about my decision. I know they are concerned because the curse of having a privileged life is not having a peace of mind.

"Yes mom, at least I want to feel that I'm free and normal" I'm 25, rich, and powerful yet living in the same roof with my parents.

"And please mom.. I won't argue with you having so much bodyguards but can you please tell them to distance, like less visible that they are around, I'm always with my cousins, and I don't let myself be alone somewhere.." this is hard to convince them but I really want to make things different, I'm a professor, it's weird having so many body guards.

Mom sighed and looked at my father who was so silent the whole meal.

"Okay. Always turn your GPS on. I think the bad guys are not around anymore, since you debuted, no one attempted to harm you" she looks at Dad with her stares that want to decipher your thoughts. I look at Dad but he was just focusing on his food, and that's really odd, letting Mom do all the decisions.

"Honey, say something" mom's cold voice made my Dad stunned for a moment and lifted his head with a nervous smile, what's happening?

"Gosh dad! You're too tense, are you okay?" I laugh a little, even though his treatment towards me changed he never let me down, he's still always there to support me.

Dad looked at me and stood up, he sat beside me and whispered something that made me giggle.

"Galit ang mommy mo, nakalimutan kong igreet siya ng good morning, wala pa kasi akong tulog.." oh my ghad, he's really so in love with mom, I love their bond, even mom is so cold, dad only knows how to tame her and make her laugh and smile, but I think this time is different, the dragon is mad.