| Jealousy |

The next day was kinda awkward between Hongjoong and I, when we were in the same room we would exchange awkward eye contact for like two minutes before one of us would quickly exit the room. The boys already knew we liked each other and they were very happy with embarrassing us about it.

I was in the living room folding clothes and listening to Jongho and Mingi play some video game when Hongjoong entered the room with a smile. "Hey, I'm going to head to the studio for a while do you wanna...come?" He asked hesitantly while looking at me. I put San's shirt on my lap and looked up at him. "Oh uh..are you sure?" I asked folding San's shirt. "Yeah I mean..as long as you don't have anything else to do. " He said looking at the floor. "No I..I'll come, I'd love to. " I said smiling at him and tossed San's shirt at Mingi. "You finish these." I said to him before standing up to go change.

Once I was ready we headed out the door. The walk was quiet and occasionally our hands would brush against each other. I looked over at him at watched as he was looking at the cloudy sky. He had a slight smile on his face and the light hit him just right. He looked at the ground before looking at me and I quickly looked away from embarrassment and heard him chuckle. "You know, I invited you to come with me because I thought that we could use a break from the guys. " He said looking ahead of him. I smiled softly looking at him "honestly after yesterday and most of today, I agree." I said smiling at my feet.

He intertwined our fingers holding my hand and I quickly looked at him with a raised brow. "Is this ok?" He asked looking at me and I nodded slowly blushing a bit making him smile more. Once we got to the studio I met Maddox and Eden. I was sat on the couch with Maddox as Eden and Hongjoong were in rolling chairs. Maddox and I were chatting about something while Eden and Hongjoong were going over lyrics for a song. Every once in a while I felt Hongjoong's eyes on me and Maddox.

They decided to take a break for a bit and Eden and Maddox left to go get coffee for us. I looked up from phone as I felt the couch dip and saw Hongjoong looking at me. "Hey, you seem to be getting along well with Maddox..you looked pretty close. " He said smiling at me, I could practically feel the Jealousy in his voice, but I chose to go along with it and pretend like I was clueless. "Yeah, he's really nice and funny. " I looked off into the distance like I was thinking about him and heard Hongjoong scoff. I looked at him with a fake confused smile. "What?" I asked innocently and he cleared his throat. "Nothing, I just-" Hongjoong stopped talking when he heard the door open and he quickly took my hand in his and moved closer to me, making sure Maddox saw and I smiled rolling my eyes. "Jealous butt." I whispered to him and he blushes looking at me. "I'm not jealous. " He whispered back. "Then why are you squeezing my hand?" I asked looking at him and he shook his head. "M..my hand is just cold. " He lied avoiding my eyes. "He says with his sweaty hand holding mine." I teased and he bit his bottom lip. "You're cute. " I whispered before Eden handed me a coffee.

After a while Eden and Maddox went home and Hongjoong continued working. I sat down beside him in one of the rolling chairs and watched as he was writing. I smiled watching him and leaned on my hand. He looked at me with a small smile and went back to writing. Watching him work was surprisingly fun, the way he furrowed his brows and his tongue stuck out a bit as he concentrated on what he was doing. The way he would bite his lips as he looked at the paper or how he would chew on his pencil. It was all so cute.

"You're pretty. " I said looking at him and he let out a laugh and looked at me. "What?" He said looking back at his notebook. "I'm serious, you're probably the prettiest boy I've ever seen." I admitted and he rolled his eyes smiling widely. "Okay, now you're over exaggerating. " He said looking at me and I shook my head. "I would never, I'm being completely serious." I said looking at him. He hums sitting back in his chair and places his hand on mine as we stared at each other in silence for a while before he broke it.

"Are we really going to wait?" He asked looking at me and I looked at our hands. "I think we should..but I don't know if we can." I said honestly before looking at him and he nodded. "I think our main thing is, we don't wanna feel pressured. " He said looking at me. "You know...we're holding hands right now and..there's no pressure. " He said smiling at me and his lips curve into a small smirk. "Although someone could walk in." He said leaning towards me as he looked at my lips and back at my eyes. "Hmm, I guess we'll have to take the risk. " I said leaning in. Our lips were a hair apart and I felt his breath hit my bottom lip and I closed my eyes ready to close the space between us. But instead I ended up hitting my head on his forehead as the door opened and we immediately pulled away and let go of each other's hands.

"Hey sorry, I forgot my airpods." Maddox says grabbing them and looks at us with a raised brow and smirk. "Am I interrupting something?" He asked and we quickly shook our head. "No, not at all, just going over some lyrics. " Hongjoong said looking at him. "Oh? Are some of them high notes?" He asked smirking at Hongjoong making his face go red. "Not yet." Hongjoong mumbled turning towards his notebook and my eyes widened. "Joong!" I said lightly hitting his arm and he and Maddox laughed as my cheeks turned a light shade of pink. "Alright, I'm sorry, it was a bad joke. " He said smiling at me and I nodded. "Well, I'll see you later, have fun." Maddox says looking at us before he left. I sighed and looked at Hongjoong.

"You're a butt." I said poking his side and he smiled. I stood up from the chair walk back to the couch but he grabbed my hand and stood up. "Wait, I almost forgot something. " He said pulling me towards him, and before I could ask what, his lips were on mine. I slowly closed my eyes as our lips melted together. The kiss didn't have any sexual intention behind though, it was slow and sweet and his lips were incredibly soft. He pulled away from the kiss with a smile and sat back down like nothing happened, meanwhile I was frozen looking at nothing and my Jaw dropped. I felt his pointer and middle finger push my chin up closing my mouth as he looked at his notebook. "Go lay down. " He said calmly and I slowly turned towards the couch.

After a while I must've fallen asleep because I woke up to Hongjoong smiling at me. "Hey, I'm done here, you wanna head home?" He asked in a whisper tone and I nodded tiredly before sitting up straight. He held my hand as I stood up and I wrapped my arms around his waist making him smile more as he wrapped his arms around me. "Hey, thank you for inviting me today, it was fun. I liked watching you work." I said looking up at him. "Anytime. " He said looking at me and kissed my forehead. "Let's get home before Seonghwa kills the kids. " He said smiling and I nodded and laughed.

When we got home the place was quiet and the lights were off. We took off our shoes and jackets and carefully walked to the living room thinking that everyone was asleep. I flipped on the lights and there they all sat on the couch with arms crossed while looking at us. "Jesus, you scared the crap out of me." I said after jumping back a bit and Hongjoong put his hands on my hips to keep me from falling.

"You both have been gone all day, it is 1:15am and we are starving. " Wooyoung said looking at us and they nodded. "Oh my God, really? You all didn't eat and stayed up, just to complain about not eating to her?" Hongjoong asked looking at them. "You're grown men, she's your caretaker, but not your mother, and you all are very capable of cooking or ordering food for yourselves. " He said glaring at them and they nodded looking away. "Whatever, it's no big deal, they're right, I should've came back early to make dinner for them, I can go cook something right now. " I said looking at him and turned to walk to the kitchen but Hongjoong grabbed my arm. "If they're that hungry, they'll cook for themselves. It's not like they've never done it before, Wooyoung used to cook all the time. So I think they'll survive. " He said looking at me. "You go to bed." I nodded quickly and went to mine and Mingi's room.

Hongjoong's POV

"I am very disappointed in you guys. InNa works very hard for us, she wakes up at 6:00am and doesn't go to bed until 3:00am. Start treating her less like a slave and more like family...9 makes 1 team." I said looking at them with a glare and they looked at me in silence for a few seconds until Jongho broke it. "That was cringe." He said making the others burst into laughter and I rolled my eyes. "Go to bed!" I said leaving the room. Sometimes I really want to kill them.