Battle Aftermath

Narrator:- Grey

Izuku sat in his temporary office inside a building in the Okayama Prefecture as they had completed gaining control and stabilizing as best as they could over the past few days that had passed. Their citizens of the Hyogo prefecture border towns all had returned to their homes with only a few destroyed since most of the fight was pushed into Okayama and Tottori prefectures which then spread to the other orange prefectures as well.

"Poor souls, hope their insurance covers the cost of their house repairs," Ochako said.

"I don't think insurance covers wars or bombing," Izuku said with an awkward smile.

Izuku was reviewing the reports of all of the dead and the damages that had been caused to the large-scale battle. Overall, in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't horrible compared to other wars since Izuku was focused on keeping death counts down as best as he could but it still hurt to see the numbers in front of him.

"Grieving for the victims you created," Nighteye narrowed his eyes, "how poetic."

"Does he even know what poetry is?" Momo whispered in Jiro's ear who looked at NIghteye for a moment before replying.

"I don't think so."

The death counts including all sides in this war had now surpassed 100,000 as the entire death count which is still being counted at this point was sitting at 171,500 an estimate. This was the death count for the entire war but for this individual battle for the orange prefectures, it was a total of 135,300 deaths for this segment of the war.

"These numbers are most likely due to the fact that this time neither side was holding back," Nezu said, "only time will tell how many more will die this war."

Overall, those numbers are amazing since this was a war for an entire nation but it still was haunting to see the numbers themselves right in front of him.

"There is nothing amazing in all of this," Mirio clenched his fist, "there is nothing positive about people dying."

The government military side and little heroes had suffered a massive death count since they had around 50,000 troops or so. Of the 50,000 troops deployed by the government only around 13,500 troops remained alive but that wasn't really what bothered Izuku the most of the numbers nor was the uptick in deaths on his side which overall death count rose from 200 overall in the war to 15,000 by the end of the battles.

"Oh we lost many people too," Himiko said with a sad frown.

"It was inevitable," Dabi said, "we can't expect to stay unharmed after poking a hornet's nest."

No, the fact that around 84,000 civilians had died due to the fact that the government didn't order their civilians to retreat. That fact annoyed Izuku greatly and made him pissed with the government since it only took starting the sirens spread across the prefecture and going over the intercom system connected to it to start ordering people to flee which would have caught on but no. Due to the fact that the government didn't order their civilians to flee until about an hour or so into the conflict... a lot of people died when they didn't need to.

"Why didn't the government just evacuate people earlier if they knew that there is going to be battle in those areas?" Toru asked.

"Because they wanted to look strong," Aizawa replied, "the public's trust in the government and heroes is already wearing down so in their head telling the public to evacuate their houses means showing weakness which they don't want."

Izuku sighed and sat the reports assigned and started reading the reports on the new member counts as they didn't have them done until recently even though they had taken over the underworld before the fight had started.