Prelude to Meeting

It had been about two weeks since Verdant had the message and phone number passed along to UA.

"You are surely taking your time huh?" Aizawa asked.

"Yes indeed," Nezu nodded his head, "after all, I will have to make sure that every system is working as per their intended purposes before I leave the school grounds for an extended period of time."

During this time Izuku had put a heavier focus on getting all other prefectures under his control. Dabi and the other Verdant Guards have been hard at work to complete Izuku's desire and finally, they completed it on the second Friday since giving UA the number.

"Well... that was fast," Izuku said.

"You can thank me for that," Dabi said with a smug smile.

"Yeah we get it, you worked hard," Compress said with an annoyed frown.

Izuku was a bit surprised when UA decided to wait a bit before making the phone call since they didn't want to do it right away as they needed some time to plan things out on what would happen once they surrendered to be under Verdant control.

"I hope something better than what we currently have," Mic said.

Izuku was honestly interested in the conversations and had watched each meeting they had to learn everything live instead of watching replays later on since he wanted to be prepared in the event they ever called out of the blue.

"You know, seeing Verdant spying on U.A. like that is giving me the feeling of a creepy ex who camps outside their ex-partner's house," Mina said.

"Mina," Jiro narrowed her eyes at the girl, "please tell me you haven't done something like that."

"Of course not," Mina pouted, "who do you think I am."

Overall, Izuku's summary of UA's plan was that they wanted to negotiate for right to be one of the premier police academies that would push out highly trained individuals for the police force.

"So, U.A. wants to maintain their prestige and status as an IVY league university," Endeavor said.

"That won't be a problem," Izuku said, "since the U.A. already has the infrastructure and staff to provide that kind of education."

UA wanted the right to be able to maintain some autonomy when it comes to controlling the school but would follow regulations on what the students need to be trained in for the police department if the hero course was converted.

"What kind of hypocrisy is that Nezu?" Nighteye asked, "as far as I know, you don't allow anyone from the commission to even enter the school grounds but now you are agreeing with Verdant to put his regulations on your school?"

"That's because I am pretty sure that Verdant won't just pick out suitable children and then turn them into state soldiers," Nezu replied.

They also wanted the heroes associated with the school to be able to gain licenses to act as police agents like other heroes have been once they came under Verdant control.

"It's not like that many are left anyways," Aizawa said.

As far as Izuku could see it was all things that he was willing to agree with as he did want to have an academy for the highly specialized police force agents that he needed.

"Honestly, I won't be surprised if at the end of this it is revealed that Nezu was conspiring with Verdant from the very beginning," Nighteye said.

"Sometimes I really wonder if using Foresight really damages your eyes," Izuku said as he looked at Nighteye with pity in his eyes.