Conversations

Narrator:- Grey.

LeMillion sat there in his jail cell wondering why the leader of the Verdant group wanted to talk to him. "What do you want Verdant Emperor?" LeMillon asked with a stressed tone since he honestly didn't know what has happened after he lost in his fight.

"Nothing much buddy," Kaminari said, "Verdant just put you to sleep and later chained you in a six-floor deep underground prison."

"And I doubt a rubber boy is coming to save you either," Sero said.

He wondered if all the people on his team had died during the operation or if they were able to escape because it was clear the mission had failed since Verdant Emperor was sitting in front of him.

"Good observation Mr. Obvious," Shinso remarked, "next, he is going to figure out that he is imprisoned."

These were all of the thoughts that went through LeMillion's mind as he watched Izuku Midoriya aka Verdant Emperor examine him as he sat in the cell. LeMillon wondered if he was going to die in all honestly.

"Verdant should actually kill him, " Stain said, "not only is this fake risk to his plan but to his life as well."

"No, I don't think I will do that," Izuku said, "there is no benefit in killing him, and besides it will look good if we let him live even after him coming for my life."

"To talk is why I am here and what I want... well, let's say I am interested to learn your viewpoints on the world," Izuku said as he sat there watching and reading the body language of LeMillon. "Though first I want to ask you the question again. Are you a soldier or a hero?" Izuku asked as he waited for LeMillon to answer the question because it made all the difference in how LeMillon should be acting.

"Why does it even matter?" Mirio bitterly mumbled, "I am out of the war anyhow.*

If he was a hero then he should be denouncing the government's actions and looking into the crimes that they had leaked when the entire war started since those that caused it are still in power.

"Do they really have power tho?" Momo asked, "I mean, more than half of the country is lost, most of their men either are dead or imprisoned and a large number of the population is on Verdant's side. All they have is a big office which I am pretty sure is under the bug lady's surveillance."

Hell, even Endeavor is only in the hospital and hasn't been arrested formally as he should be.

"Touch," Dabi said.

However, if LeMillion is a soldier then Izuku could understand his need to follow orders as he wasn't his own master of his life but just a puppet that had to obey the government, unlike the heroes who could just resign and say no to the government.

'I am not a puppet,' Mirio said to himself, 'that's right. I just thought that putting the entire country's future into a villain's hands is not the right thing to do.'

Taking Hawks as an example who used to be a Pro Hero but now he works in the Verdant-controlled lands as an agent with the police. He goes around saving people under the police authority but with more clear guidelines and transparency of his job.

"That sounds nice," Hawks said with a faint smile on his lips.

In truth about a quarter of the Pro Heros that were stranded in the Verdant-controlled land had ended up joining the police force and started to undergo training to comply with the new rules and regulations that they were putting in place.

"What's so amazing about it?" Nighteye asked, "Even Lions can be tamed under the fear of whips."

"Comparing humans to caged animals really gives an example of your keen intellect," Nezu said.