Bloodshed

Narrator- Grey

Izuku sat in the war room and noticed how many hours had passed. Seven hours and twenty-five minutes was the official time of how long the large-scale battle had taken with all of the forces.

"Wow! Seven hours of non-stop stress and brainstorming," Kaminari winced, "my head is hurting just thinking about it."

Now, in the history of a war that might seem short compared to old-time wars but you got to remember that they now have quirks in these wars and they are far more destructive.

"I am just glad that we didn't have quirks back then, otherwise I can't even imagine what our world would have looked like right now," Nemuri said with little fright in her voice.

Izuku wishes it didn't take that long but he knew it needed to be done.

'It's really sad that so many lives were lost but right now, all Verdant can do is take responsibility for the lost lives and make sure they weren't in vain,' Izuku thought to himself.

"Get me the death counts on all sides as soon as possible since I am sure we lost a good number of men due to these battles that sadly needed to happen. To think the government forces still had that much willpower is foolish but also scary. At least we only have to focus on stabilization and then one war front from now on." Izuku said and all of the Verdant Guards nodded their heads as they too were shocked at the determination of the government to not lose that large-scale battle.

"But all that determination was useless in the end nonetheless," Nighteye said, "if only I was alive in that world. They desperately needed a master tactician to handle this mess right now."

"Or a clown to keep them entertained in tough times," Hawks remarked while Nighteye glared at him.

About 3 hours later the reports were starting to come in and they were able to get a good picture of the numbers overall since most of the count was done due to the clones they deployed to search and find bodies.

"It must be a terrible feeling to find someone you know dead on the ground," Ochako said with a sniffle while Izuku wrapped his arm around her.

As it stood, the battle claimed 617,700 new lives with an overall war death count sitting at 852,000 deaths. The death count to each side was 525,000 total for the government, 105,000 total for Verdant, and 322,000 for the civilians.

"Oh my God!" someone in the audience said but those three words perfectly described the horrifying feeling that many in there felt.

This meant the war was about to go past the 1 million death count mark which Izuku hated but he needed to finish this damn war.

"Verdant is right, if he stopped right now all of these deaths and sacrifices will amount to nothing," Izuku said in a slow voice.

Overall, the government didn't have many forces left due to how many people had died. Most of them belonged to heroes, provisional heroes, police, and anyone that volunteered to join the government side in the war which Izuku found foolish of those people but it was their choice.

Suddenly Mirio felt a streak of guilt in his heart as he realized that many of his batchmates must have followed him to the battle and some of them might have died just because he was carrying a delusional responsibility on his back.

Most of the military itself got wiped out but there was still a small chunk of the government forces that were on the front lines. As it stood, the only reason the government could put up any fight now was due to the fact that they dug in and would be able to hold out against a forward push from Verdant troops. Though this did mean that if the defense line was broken then it would spell the end because there weren't any troops really protecting them in other prefectures which Izuku planned to take advantage of as he was planning to send forces up to Hokkaido and have that large Island prefecture taken and then push forces down south to slowly take the north and force the government to hopefully split their forces in half which would make it easier to overrun them.