Meeting the Emperor!

(Forest behind U.A.)

Izuku was still not sure what the hell was going on here. Just a few hours ago, he had watched a version of himself overthrow the Japanese government, and now he found himself sitting in the forest in front of the same guy who had done that, staring right back at him.

On the other hand, Verdant was just sitting there, assessing Izuku with his sharp eyes. By now, he had figured out that this version of him was a U.A student, and a hero course student at that. This version of him was living the life that he had once dreamt of. However, he frowned when he noticed the various kinds of scars that littered his hands, most of which didn't look like came from Bakugo.

'Was it because of the league?' Verdant thought to himself, 'were they more competent and aggressive here than in my timeline.'

Finally, Izuku decided to break the silence by asking a question that was plaguing his mind ever since he saw this grown-up version of him in his room.

"What the hell are you doing here, in this timeline?" Izuku asked, "also how did you get here?"

A mischievous smirk appeared on Verdant's face as he asked, "what? Afraid that I might have access to multiversal travel?"

"Honestly yes I am," Izuku nodded, "the multiverse is a concept about which we know frighteningly very little, and in my opinion, nobody should be allowed to tamper with the stability of space-time."

"You know what, this is something we can both agree on," Verdant nodded in agreement, "and as for how I got here, a boy named Grey brought me here."

"The overseer of the multiverse?" Izuku asked, "cause he is the one who showed us your entire journey of becoming an emperor."

"Yeah, same guy," Verdant said, "suddenly appeared in my office and told me that he was showing your people my journey for shits and giggles. Then offered me to accompany him here." 

"And you accepted," Izuku raised his brow, "aren't you an emperor, what if he was an assassin or something?"

"That would have been a valid concern if I weren't sitting in my orbital base surrounded by 130 guards and detection devices for both quirked and non-quirked individuals," Verdant smirked, "if anyone could actually bypass all of that, they would deserve to kill me. Besides, we both know that we wouldn't let an opportunity like this slip out of our hands."

"Yeah, you are right about that," Izuku said while rubbing the back of his neck, "by the way, where is this... Grey?"

"Who knows?" Verdant shrugged, "he dropped me in your room and said he has to go and watch something interesting."

After that, a comfortable silence lingered between them until Verdant asked a question that had been on his mind for quite some time.

"You took his offer, didn't you?" Verdant looked directly into Izuku's eyes, "you accepted One for All."

"How can you be so sure about that?" Izuku decided to throw a curve ball at him, "maybe I was born with a quirk, there is no reason for you to believe that I was quirkless before meeting All Might."

"But I never said you met All Might, did I?" Verdant said and saw Izuku clicking his tongue, "and the way you worded that sentence proves that we both share the traumatic rooftop incident ft. All Might."

"Also when I was in your room I noticed your analysis notebook no.17, which indicates that you have been writing them just as long as I was and we both know that we only started analyzing other people's quirks because we thought it will compensate for our lack of one ."

"So...?"

Izuku sighed and nodded. "Yeah, I am the ninth holder of One for All," he said. Then he smirked and added, "Wow, it feels weird to say that out loud."