Chapter Twenty-Three

↳ Dead Bodies.

✰✰✰✰

Lydia Martin's night had come from bad to worse. It started with a headache and ended with her finding a dead body. The first person she thought about calling when she found the body was Jacob, and she called him and was relieved that he picked up her phone call and didn't ignore her. After her phone call with Jacob, she called the cops and informed them about the dead body though it might have been a good idea if she had called them first before she called Jacob.

At seeing Jacob, she smiled. "Thanks for coming. I didn't think you would even show up." She was happy about him coming cause she was scared and cold standing alone with a dead body.

"I told you I was coming.."

"I hope I didn't ruin your night?"

Jacob shook his head. "No, you didn't. I'm glad you called." He looked around the then glanced back at Lydia. "Stiles should be here any minute." He could hear his jeep. "He was with me when you called, and you know Stiles he wouldn't stay behind. Anyway, how are you feeling?"

"I'm freaked out that I found a dead body."

Stiles showed up and ran towards them. When he caught up to them, he checked Lydia over, making sure she wasn't hurt. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay. That over there not okay -" Lydia pointed to where the guy's dead body was on the lifeguard's chair.

Stiles pulled his phone out of his pocket while Jacob went over to look closely at the body. "I'm gonna call my dad."

"No need to call your dad since Lydia has already called the cops," Jacob told Stiles. He looked over the body and thought things were getting more interesting in this town.

"Then I guess I should call Scott." Stiles moved over to Jacob and the body.

"Why are you going to call him?" Jacob finally looked away from the body to glance at Stiles. "What's he going to do about a dead body? It's not like it's going to talk to him."

"You know I don't like your sarcasm right now."

Jacob and Stiles were a lot alike.

"Well, I don't like your face." It was the lamest comeback he could come up with, but he didn't care. "Anyway, this dead body has nothing to do with werewolves, and he was murdered by someone or something else.