Chapter four

CHAPTER FOUR!

↳ You are not a monster Grace.

✰⁎✴⋆✾✡⁎⁎

For about five minutes now Jacob has been sitting on the sofa just watching his sister rush around the apartment like some headless chicken, looking for something he didn't know what.

"Grace what are doing?" He finally asked she didn't even turn around to look his way, instead, she looked in a cupboard before slamming that one shut then moved on to another one.

"I'm looking for food," Grace answered, slamming another cupboard door closed. She was getting annoyed at not finding anything. "I thought he would be hungry." she opened the fridge, grabbing something she held it up showing it to Jacob. "So far all I've found is blood." she threw it back in the fridge before slamming that close.

"You never know he might like the blood, you should give it to him." Jacob joked though Grace didn't like that joke.

"That's not funny." She ran her fingers through her hair pulling at the ends of it. "I think I'll order him some food instead."

"You have to calm down that's what you need to do." Jacob rushed over to her, taking the phone from her hands and putting it out of her reach. "I don't think his mind is going to be on food. His mind will be on being here with vampires who can easily kill him."

"Don't forget about how one of the vampires that could kill him, looks like him and how he saw me kill someone in cold blood."

"And how you ended up kidnapping him and you haven't even apologized for it yet." he laughed and ducked out the way when Grace went to slap him on the head. "I'm sorry, just telling you how it is. Why are you worrying about him so much?"

"Because he reminds me of you!" she snapped, why did she always have to repeat herself. "I sometimes miss being human. I miss having a normal life, not having to worry about others trying to kill us and all that. I hate how in everyone else's eyes we are monsters. I sometimes wonder if we didn't become vampires what would our lives turn out to be like. Maybe I would have found someone to love me for me, get married and start a family of my own." she glanced up from looking at her hands to her brother. "Don't you ever think about it? Maybe you could have seen your life as a human with Katherine or someone else. Instead, this is the life we are living, as monsters, as killers."

"Sometimes, but Grace we can't change the past no matter how much we want to. We didn't get to choose this life; it was taken away from us the day our father shoved a sword through us and made us drink blood from an innocent person. You are not a monster though Grace, me on the other hand I know I'm a monster but not you. You'll never be one in my eyes. You care about others when I just don't give a damn anyone other than you.

Grace you didn't have to be nice to that teenager in there and it's not because he looks and somehow reminds you off me it is because you have a heart. If you were are a monster then you wouldn't have brought him here, told him about us or making sure he is well fed."

Jacob wiped away the tears from Grace's face. "Also, as long as I'm around, I'm not going to let anything happened to you. Until the day I die, I'll always be here to protect you. Well even in death I'll protect you."

"Stop talking about you dying." If he was trying to make her feel better then he wasn't doing a good job talking about him dying, like it was going to happen soon. "You are not allowed to die on me ever."

"I was only saying, not like it was going to happen." Jacob tugged her forward, wrapping his arms around her. "I love you, sis."

Grace gripped him tighter. "I love you too."  

A/N: This is the shortest chapter I've ever written and I'm sorry that it's not much.