Chapter Twenty-Five

✰✰✰✰

✰✰✰✰

In the twins' apartment, only the girls were awake. Grace was in the kitchen cooking breakfast, something she doesn't usually do. Meanwhile, Sirena sat in the living room, drinking her fourth cup of coffee. Her laptop was on her lap, and her grimoire was beside her. After finding out from Stiles about human sacrifices, she had barely gotten any sleep and now wanted to find out everything she could about sacrifices to see if she could identify who or what had been attacking the town. Allison and Lydia were still getting ready for school in Stiles's bedroom.

Grace turned off the cooker after she finished using it. She voiced her concern, "I don't think Stiles should attend school today."

Sirenna paused her typing and shifted her gaze towards Grace. "You know he won't skip school."

The two girls were abruptly interrupted by a knock on the front door. Grace, who happened to be closest, quickly made her way towards the door.

Derek Hale stood outside the twins' apartment, his appearance suggesting that he would prefer to be somewhere else.

Grace opened the door and was surprised to find Derek standing there. "What brings you here?" Curiosity filled her voice as she wondered how Derek had come to know their address.

Derek wasted no time in getting straight to the point. "I'm here for Jacob," he stated firmly,

"You're here for Jacob?" Derek confirmed with a nod. "Usually, it's girls who come looking for my brother. I never thought you would show up here looking for my brother."

Derek sighed in frustration and asked, "Is Jacob here or not?"

"Yes, he's here," Grace responded, "He's currently asleep. If there's one thing my brother loves more than chaos, it's sleeping."

Sirena came to Derek's aid, saving him from Grace. "Why don't you wake Jacob up and let him know Derek is here to see him." She told Grace. "Besides, it's about time both Jacob and Stiles were up anyway."

Grace let out a sigh before she entered Jacob's room to wake up her twin and Stiles. As she entered the room, she saw Stiles and Jacob sleeping on Jacob's bed. Grace was surprised that Jacob hadn't kicked Stiles out during the night as she had expected.

Jacob lay on his back with his right arm draped over his eyes, and he had no cover as it seemed Stiles ended up stealing them in the middle of the night. Stiles was sleeping on his side, clutching his pillow tightly as if it provided a sense of security. The room was quiet and still, except for the occasional sound of their breathing.

Grace hesitated for a moment, feeling a little guilty about having to wake Stiles up when he needed his sleep more than Jacob, which is why she didn't feel any guilt about having to wake her twin up.