Rebirth

It's warm. I don't know where I am and the last things that I remember are the gunshots, the pain, the cold and then it went all black.

Am I dead?

It seems like this.

Where am I?

In heaven? In Hell?

Sincerely I don't know; it feels warm and safe. It's like I'm floating, but it's all black.

I would like to open my eyes but I can't and I just have to keep floating.

Oh Xiao Chen, my dear little brother.
It makes me want to cry just thinking about him.

Where is he? Is he safe?

I hope he is all right. It pains me to think I left my little brother alone.

Ever since our parents passed away many years ago it's always been just the two of us. I quit school and looked for a job to support us.

It was a difficult period, but these difficulties have only brought us together more, making us inseparable.

I just hope he's okay and moving on with his life without me.

And with that I got lost in my thoughts, retracing my relatively short life.

It's been months, I think.

I've lost count of exactly how much time has passed.

It's quiet here but it's terribly boring.

The only activity to do is sleep and I slept so much that even sleeping became boring.

Suddenly I start to feel something move.

The warmth that used to surround me begins to disappear and I feel crushed on all sides.

It's such a horrible feeling that I wonder if my tour in hell has just begun.

Finally after what seems like an eternity I'm free but it freezes in return.

After being crushed, do I also have to freeze to death?

I can't help myself crying but I only hear the cry of a newborn baby.

Wait.

WAIT.

I AM THAT NEWBORN.

I try to open my eyes but my vision is blurred, I can just hear many people talking:

''Look, it's a female cub" said with happiness a deep voice;

"She's beautiful" said another voice;

"Finally a female cub in the family" said an excited voice;

"What's her name?" said a young voice;

A delicate hand strokes my cheek softly;

"Rosa. Her name will be Rosa" said the owner of that hand, who I assume is my mother, and I can almost feel her loving gaze.

Okay, okay, keep calm Xu Ming, take a deep breath and don't freak out.

I've just been reborn, so reincarnation really exists.

I feel like one of the protagonists of the novels I used to read in my previous life.

Maybe I'm one of those girls who have superpowers when reborn.

I wish I was OP.

I'm kidding, I just want a normal, happy and peaceful life.

But where am I reborn?

What did those people say before?

Rosa?

"Female Cub"?

Why does it look so familiar?

Wait.

WAIT.

Did they call me Rosa?

Oh my god, I'm fucked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Did you like this chapter? Please comment and vote <3
I would like to hear your opinion