Girl talk

Author:I didn't proof-read this chapter so tell me about the mistakes. Love u guys<3

Saika, Kiki and I are going to river, with such a hot day there is definitely a need for a refreshing bath. Kiki is the only other unmated female in beast city, after Saika and I (because I'm not an adult yet and therefore I'm not mated yet), and she's the third member of our group of friends. (I bonded with the other females too, actually, but the three of us have nearly the same age so it's normal to be more bonded). She's a hawk female and she's really cute, with big doe pink eyes, chubby cheeks, natural red lips face with harmonious features. She's the kindest, most loving and forgiving being I have ever met, in this life and the previous one, so much so that I think she is the saint of the beast world. I often look over her head to verify that there really isn't the halo typical of saints.

Arrived at the river we take a bath. For washing we use green herbs with a citrus scent and lilac flowers with a very sweet fragrance. Between laughter and girl bonding we get to talking about the hot topic: males

(Author: K is for Kiki, R fos Rosa and S for saika)

S: "Kiki, has anyone already caught your attention before your first campfire? Who do you think will be your first mate?"

Next week there will be the campfire at the beginning of the hot season, other tribes will also participate. Campfires are done twice a year, at the Announcement day and at the beginning of the hot season. Kiki, having become an adult last month, will participate to choose her first mates.

With this question kiki blushed

R:"Saika, what questions are you asking? We both know that her first mate will be my brother Chris, he's been trying to woo her since he was only a cub"

Yes, trying. Every time Chris tries to give her presents or talk to her, Kiki turns red from head to toe and either hides or runs away as far as possible. This girl is too shy for her own good.

My poor brother is heartbroken, every time.

The already blushing Kiki became even more red.

K:"S-stop t-teasing me, please!" she said covering her face with her hands

R:"Okay, okay, let's finish it. And you, Saika?"

S: "Mhh, let me think. Jinny's triplets bear bestmen, three for the price of one, but they're the most coveted so I doubt they'll still be single next year. Also your brother Axel is a great choice, good tempered, good at hunting and handsome. Oh, now that I think about it, Yui has her eyes on him and is also saying that he will be her next male"

R:"She did what?! Oh god, she's really shameless. She's trying to ruin my brother's reputation, making her his only remaining option, forcing him to choose her. That bitch!"

Indeed, who would get a good impression of a bestman who is already courting another? If the voice continues to expand, no female will accept him. And my brother would rather remain unmated his whole life than become one of Yui's males.

K:"Language!"

The other two ignored her.

S: "I know right. But if she didn't do that, do you think that a sane so good bestman would ever decide of his own free will to become her male? No. With her bad temper I don't even know how she manages to have 7 males, maybe they are masochists. That devil does nothing but scream, she is violent, she beats them and her cubs as soon as she can and none of them can oppose or react, she always insults them and many other things. It is a nightmare."

K:"That poor males and cubs, I feel so sorry for them. No one deserves such treatment. She's really evil!"

Rosa and Saika looked at her in shock, Kiki never said anything bad about anyone, she always sees the good in people.

R: "Wow, that's the meanest thing I've ever heard you say about someone"

K:"Well, she deserves it!" she said blushing with embarrassment

S: "and you Rosa? Do you have someone else in mind besides Bart and Shuu? How many males do you think you will have? After all, the more males you choose, the better!"

Yeah, in this world more males in a family doesn't just mean more protection for the female and lesser the burden of protection and hunting on the shoulders of the various mates, but it also means lengthening youth and life expectancy. In fact single males and females age one year every 30 years once they reach adulthood, when they are mated they age one year every 60 years. The more mates a female has, the slower she will age. For example: a female with one mate will become one year older every 60 years; a female with two mates will get one year older every 70 years; a female with three mates will get one year older every 80 years; and so on.

Rosa thought about it and the first thing that came to her mind was a pair of golden eyes, she immediately blushed a little.

R:"Maybe. I'm not even sure he'd be interested"

K:"Don't say that, you're so beautiful and kind, who wouldn't be interested? Most of the single beastmen of beast city already have their eyes on you anxiously waiting for your first campfire"

S:"That's true. Every year some single beastmen from other tribes stay in the beast city just waiting for it to become an adult. You're so lucky!"

R: "Really? I didn't know that"

S:"You don't know it because your fathers and pet beasts beat the shit out of them every time by keeping them at a distance"

K:"Language!"

Rosa didn't know what to answer, on the one hand she felt a little guilty about those poor males, but on the other that was how it worked here, so she couldn't help it.

K:"It's getting late. We should go home, my fathers will be worried"

R:"Yeah, you're right".

And with that the three finished their bath and walked home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you like this chapter?