Braids and flowers

This morning me, Bart and Shuu are going to the clearing to spend some time together.

Bart already got his first stripe so he no longer lives with us but in the beast city area for single males.
We see each other much less both for this reason and because he is always training to earn as many stripes as possible and become stronger to be able to protect me.

Since he got that stripe he has become much more mature, and in the future he could also become my head male.

A head male is the 'alpha male' of the family, which all other males repeat and listen to. So the head male is a powerful position in the family whose job is to coordinate family members so that the female is protected, but he still has much less power than the female.

Arrived at the clearing we are hit by an awesome floral aroma. After Years to come here and still can't help but be amazed. This place has a calm and relaxing atmosphere.

After picking some flowers, we sit down on the rich green grass, shuu and I start waving baskets while Bart starts braiding my hair, decorating it with picked flowers.

The original Rosa really had a great taste in males. Mature, attentive, a little easygoing when needed, gentle and loving, Bart is everything women in my previous life look for in a husband, and he is mine (internal evil grin). And Shuu?
Shuu is the cute puppy boyfriend who kills you with his blinding smile.

I don't know how Dumb-bai rejected Shuu at this point. Handsome, cute, kind, hardworking, very sensitive personality, he's husband material (less than wiston, but always husband material).

Well, actually I know how she managed to refuse him (and like him also others she was interested in): initially it was her monogamous mentality that blocked her, but later she was so weak and dumb that she let herself be controlled by that yandere snake and shitty parker (later in the novel he gets better but I still don't like him). It's a world where the females are at the top, why do you let yourself be controlled by your males AGAINST your own good and desires? You keep refusing wiston and muir NOT because you don't want them (because you want them both as your males) but only because your two males would say no, ABSURD.
Thinking all of this unfortunately I realize one thing.
Qingqing. FUCKING QINGQING. In a couple of years I'll be an adult, that dumb girl will come and the novel will start. I don't want to start the novel. I really don't want to, because when that happens, all the unhappiness, trouble and death caused by dumb-bai will start, and I don't know if I will be strong enough to counter the Mc plot armor.

My stream of thoughts is interrupted by a growl. Bart and Shuu began to growl staring at something in the forest.

I immediately stiffened thinking about what might have alarmed them.
'Ferals? ' I thought but it couldn't be like this, with guards and constant checks only the beastmen of beast city can pass through here.
Maybe it was some beastman passing by? Beastman are very territorial and very protective of their female, so it's normal they behave like this, thinking this I finally relaxed a little. Once the chorus of growls ended, I breathed a sigh of relief and asked him:

"What was that?"

“Nothing. It was just a nuisance.” Bart replied with a straight face, still staring at that spot in the forest.

Yuma didn't know why he stopped to observe that young female. It had been months since their meeting and since then his words and her sweet voice had not left his mind.
Since then, unconsciously, he often found himself observing her, as if he wanted to know more about her, as if he wanted to see her again and hear her delicate voice again, as if he too wanted to be part of her life and the only way to do it was this. The female who always occupies his thoughts is a little strange. She treats her pet beasts very well, she is kind with them, she gives them affection, love, cares for them. He wants this things too. He too wants someone who cares for him when he gets hurt, someone who praises him, someone who gives him affection and cares for him and who sincerely loves him. Is this too much to ask? But when he realized his train of thought he became angry with himself, becoming disgusted with his own thoughts. 'What am I doing?! Am I stupid or what?! A couple of words from that female and it happens, I'm really weak.'
And only after recovering did he hear the warning growls of the two wolf beastmen. He threw one last look at Rosa and walked away. Not that he was scared, on the contrary, being a snow leopard beastman and having two stripes, they were no match for him but he didn't want a fight, after all he was wrong, they were simply trying to protect their female.

Although the situation had calmed down, the relaxed atmosphere was now ruined, so we decided to go to the river to play and forget about it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you like this chapter? Please vote and comment