Little talks

I got out of 'bed' extremely tired since I hadn't slept a wink the previous night, too stressed out by the events of the banquet to sleep.

I spent all night thinking about the possible scenarios that could happen in the future and all possible ways to avoid them.

The power of the plot is strong, I underestimated it unfortunately, but I won't do it again. I need to understand first how powerful the plot is, how can I change it and if I can't change it at all, when and how can I influence events so that the worst case scenario doesn't happen.

Unfortunately until Qingqing arrives at beast city I won't be able to do anything, so I can only recruit strong males for the family, work out a plan and wait for her arrival.

All these thoughts gave me a headache, I needed some fresh air and some distraction.

Just as I was about to leave, I was stopped by my father who gave me a whole speech, telling me that he had assigned me as a guardian who would protect me all day every day at least until I was an adult, and that guardian was Winston, the only reliable powerful male in beast city according to my father.

My father had a calm and serious facade but one could sense that he was extremely worried due to the events of the previous day.

No one expected such a thing could happen at the chief Banquet and it was this that shocked them the most.

After this, me and Winston, who was waiting outside the hut, walked to the river, my favorite place in Beast City.

Again I tried to make conversation with Winston but with little success. In the end a little discouraged I said to him:

R:"You're a beastman of few words, huh?"

W:"My job is to protect you, not chat"

R: "I know, but since you'll be my guardian until I'm an adult, I don't see why not get to know each other a little. We're also related after all"

Wiston nodded slightly in response.

R: "well, since we've never met before, tell me a little about yourself"

W:"What would you like to know?"

R: "I don't know, a little bit of everything. Like how old are you, your favorite color, your favorite fruit, things like that, if you want to tell me of course. If you don't want to we can just wawing baskets and talk about the weather or stay in silence. Only do what makes you comfortable, you don't have to feel forced."

She paused a little and then said:

"Sorry if I sound a little pushy or insistent but I just want to get to know you a little, I felt it was nice to have a friendly relationship with the person I will spend most of my days with for almost a year"

Winston froze and looked at her a little shocked as if he had seen a stone speak.

After the accident that had given him the scar, no one had ever tried to talk to him and get to know him, everyone always tried to avoid him and then laugh at him or make rude comments behind his back.

For once in a long time, he felt normal again and this feeling made him smile slightly. Even before the accident most of the females who approached him did so not so much because they liked him, but for their greed for power, given the number of his stripes and his ties with the royal family, and these behaviors had disgusted him and turned him away.

But seeing Rosa's sincerity in wanting to meet him, her spontaneity and kindness, melted his cold and wounded heart, and made him sincerely grateful to his brother for making him her temporary guardian and for allowing him to meet her.

Females in general are precious, but a females like her are real gems and must be heavly protected and meticulously taken care of, and he'll make sure that's the case even after his job is done. After he made up his mind he composed himself and after a few minutes of deep thought, he said:

W: "I'm 30 years old. I've never thought about what my favorite color is before, so I don't have an answer at the moment. As for my favorite fruit, well, the last time I ate one I was just at cub, fruits are generally for females, but I remember it was a pinky fruit." He said a little awkward and began to squirm under her gaze; he was no longer used to receiving attention and this put him in difficulty.

R: "Oh, I love pinky fruits too! They are so good! It's really a pity that they are so rare. When I found out that they were hard to find I almost cried. Well, even as a cub I was a little too dramatic, ahahahah.
Wait, 30 years old? I didn't know you were younger than my father, so you're brothers from different litters!"

'Strange, the novel implied that Winston and my father were brothers of the same litter. Well, it wouldn't be the first thing in this World other than the novel' Rosa thought.

W:"Your father and I are not blood related brothers. I was adopted into the royal family when I was a cub"

R:"What?! Really?? " said her with wiedened eyes

Rosa did not expect this plot twist.

W: "yes, I was adopted after my family was killed in an ambush by ferals. My father was a high guard and the right hand of the previous king, so after his death, the royal family took me in."

Rosa didn't know what to answer to this revelation. On the one hand she was shocked because such a thing had never been mentioned in the novel, on the other hand she was sad for making him remember the loss of his biological family.

She felt really a little stupid and embarrassed at that moment, they were family and she had also read the novel yet apparently she knew nothing about him.

R:"I'm sorry, I-" but was interrupted to growl from Wiston.

He was staring at a point in the vegetation, but it was too far away and Rosa couldn't see.

After a while, her guardian relaxed and the two continued the chatting (although she was the one who spoke most of the time) even though Rosa continued to wonder who had caused that reaction.

Not far away, a pair of aquamarine eyes was watching the scene curiously. A female like this, who ignored someone like him but was interested in someone ugly like that tiger, shocked him.

It was something new for him, refreshing, but at the same time it bothered him a bit.

He was used to being fought over by females, who saw nothing but his appearance, even resorting to despicable methods to have him; more than once he barely escaped these schemes.

But as the next chief of his clan he couldn't run away to escape these methods and so he had to adapt, not trusting anyone and enjoying seeing those disgusting females 'fight' each other with their sick games.

He had sworn never to choose anyone, but today, a female had amazed him and she had captured his interest.

A growl pulled him out of his thoughts. He had been discovered and had to leave.

Today wasn't the time to make his move, but he'll be waiting patiently for his chance - after all, such a coveted prize was worth waiting for.

The owner of the eyes retired while smirking at the thought of meeting her and making her his.

And with that, the predator chose his prey.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you like the chapter? Please vote and comment, share your opinion<3