Chapter 9: Back To Class

[Hideo's Pov]

"So, you have to start going to class or you would be expelled? You'll be fine in our hands Tatsuo"

"Yeah! I and Hideo will teach you! I'll write down a plan. Summarise what we have learnt throughout; you'll be caught up in no time!"

"Why are you helping me? You don't know me much?"

Will I regret saying this later? Maybe. "A friendship has to start somewhere right? That's by helping one another when they need it" That didn't come out bad.

Tatsuo sighed as we walked into class, everyone noticed and whispers started going around. The teacher even seemed like she saw a ghost.

"Tatsuo Goto, it's been a while since I've seen you here. I've heard what the counsellor said to me, I'm happy that I can say you are here"

"Yeah. I'm happy to hear that as well. Where can I sit then?" He looked around as Charlotte insisted.

"He can sit by us, miss! Come on Tatsuo we sit over here"

I pass along the maths homework to Chiyo. "Thanks, Hideo here's the 15 yen" She whispered as she gave me the money.

"Now everyone. Please get out your maths homework. I will be marking it tonight and giving you it back tomorrow. Tatsuo you don't need to worry about this"

I took out my maths homework handing it to miss as Charlotte did as well. Tatsuo already seems clueless as to what was going on.

Miss puts today's lesson on the board. Multiplications. One of the easiest topics you can get in an exam.

"Today we are going to look over multiplication. Now, can someone kindly hand out the books please?"

Chiyo raised her hand. "I will miss!"

"Thank you, Chiyo"

Time Skip

We are getting on with the questions now. Tatsuo is struggling. I touch his shoulder as he slapped me away.

"I want to help you. What are you stuck on?"

Charlotte started to eye the situation. "Everything. This is fucking pointless. I'll never know anything"

"You won't if you let me explain it to you in terms you understand"

"Alright go on. Let me see your magic"

I start to lay it out for him as he pays attention as I then leave it for him to work independently through the question.

Charlotte smiled at me. "Hey, nice job Hideo. I would help but I just about understand math myself"

"It's fine Charlotte you can help with English. Tatsuo how are you doing?"

"I get it. Thanks, Hideo"

Glad he understands. I'll need to finish off some favors before lunch. I'll get to it now because I've finished the work.