Chapter 23: Short Game

[Nobody's Pov]

After the trio got their batch of revision done, Charlotte thought of an idea for them to play a game of choice from written-down pieces of paper.

"Tatsuo you take a piece of paper and you read out what you chose"

She placed the ripped papers on the bed Tatsuo swiped one opening it up. "Truth or dare" He announced.

"Isn't that childish?" Hideo questioned.

Charlotte smacked her friend's shoulder. "Nonsense. Tatsuo truth or dare?"

"How does this game work?"

"Charlotte, he's uneducated in areas. Truth or dare is a game where someone asks you truth or dare, if you say truth, you say if you have done it or not. If you pick dare you to have to do anything the person wants you to"

"Truth Charlotte"

"Is it true you have had sex?"

Hideo nudged Charlotte knowing this question is personal. "Nope," Tatsuo answered with confidence.

"What fucking question is that to ask Charlotte?"

"Hm you're right sorry"

"Nope it's fine"

Charlotte grabs her sketchbook drawing. "I'm still playing Tatsuo it's your go"

"What are you drawing Charl?" Hideo peeked over as she eyed them.

"Don't look!"

"Truth or dare Hideo?"

"Dare Tatsuo"

Tatsuo looked around his surroundings crossing his legs. "Dare you to tell a secret"

"I've cheated on a test before"

"Really? Hideo Reina cheating? Bestie you have to give context" Charlotte inter-counted.

"You're smart ass why?"

"It was a challenge I couldn't break down. I couldn't fail. I-can we move on?"

Tatsuo caught onto this cue, he remembered Hideo got r*ped because of their 'failure.'

"What? Hideo I don't get it. It's ok to fail. You aren't a machine nobody can be a perfectionist 24/7!"

Hideo punched their forehead looking at Charlotte. "Game over. I'm leaving you carry on with the session without me"

Charlotte tried to grab her best friend as they moved to the side slamming the door. "I fucked up" She slides against the door.

"It isn't your fault" Tatsuo slides to the side.

"I pushed on"

"No. It's something personal for them. Even though they have amazing parents now it doesn't stop that past coming"

"How fucked up with their biological parents? Do you know Tatsuo?"

"They mentioned to me"

Charlotte got onto her bed pointing to the door and burying her head in the sheets. "Fucking leave. Hideo would rather tell a drug addict about their past than me"

"I promised to stop doing drugs. I'm clean since then"

Charlotte grabbed her lamp. "I don't give a shit do you want this in your head?"

Tatsuo stepped out closing the door.
—————

Text Message:
Charlotte: Telling the drug addict about your past rather than your best friend?

Text Message:
Hideo: Charlotte...I have no explanation the only thing was I wasn't comfortable telling you

Text Message:
Charlotte: Bullshit bye don't want to talk to you rn