Chapter 34: Do You Want To...?

[Hideo's Pov]

I need a second opinion before I let my heart say what it wants to.

"Charl? Uh...how do you ask someone if they wanna go on a date?"

Charlotte smirks grabbing my hands. "I wouldn't know since I haven't been with anyone but I would say ask from the heart, I'm sure Tatsuo would love to go on a date with you"

"I want to return saying my feelings even though I have, Tatsuo was brave confessing and I want to treat him to something nice to show my gratitude in our new relationship"

Charlotte sighs. "Hideo are you sure about you know having a relationship with Tatsuo?"

I tilt my head chuckling. "Charl, I won't get hurt. I believe in us"

Charlotte nodded believing in my words she tapped my shoulder meaning Tatsuo was back.

"The fuck you two been talking bout when I was at the bathroom?"

"About how Hideo is a nervous wreck" Charlotte smirked I pushed her to the side.

"That's false. Can I talk to you in private later?"

"Yeah...is it bad?" Tatsuo asked.

"The opposite"

"Come on you two we have to get to class" Charlotte reminded we followed along to go to History.
—————
[Tatsuo's Pov]

D: You still think history is terrible?

That will never change.

"The worst subject known to anything"

"You still think that dear? History gives an insight into the past and how society updates!"

"There's worse subjects. Maths Tatsuo maths" Charlotte shivered.

Text message:
Hideo: Murdering has something to do with what I want to speak to you about later. Are you up for it?

Me: Always. Why wouldn't I be?

I place my phone in my pocket humming as Hideo nods.

"Speaking of maths, we have the subject you hate most now Charlotte"

"Stop Hideo! Fuck! Tatsuo you agree with me right?"

D: You're gonna! It's my preference for despairing maths too.

"I agree. It's one of the worst. Hideo you like it because you're intelligent"

Hideo rolled their eyes chuckling. "If you practised you'd get the hang of it"

"I'd forget anyway"

"Agreeing with Tatsuo. It's easy to forget"

"You have to refresh your memory not to forget although motivation isn't easy to have depending on who you are" Hideo comments.

Charlotte sighed she wished. "The only motivation I have is for art"

"That's because people would rather keep their long-term memory on subjects they want to pursue not what they learn in school depending"

"Can we stop with the confusing shit? Let's just go" I break this conversation.

D: You tell them!

Hideo held my hand...oh. "Whatever you say, boss man"
—————-
[Hideo's Pov]

School is over. Me & Tatsuo say goodbye to Charlotte as I text my parents letting them know I'll be home later as I'm hanging out with Tatsuo. I should tell them I'm in a relationship but I want to see if it will work out within a few weeks before announcing it to anyone else.

"Let's get to the secret spot! I've been waiting since you told me you wanted to tell me something and a killing speech today makes it even more worth waiting for! Can't you tell me now?!"

"Nope. Until we get to our hideout"

"Did anyone ever tell you that you're boring for not telling something early?"

I placed my hand on his waist, Tatsuo didn't move back as he smiled. "Charlotte, my parents other people with favors that I get likely"

"Sounds right!"

Time skip

"Hideo. Fucking cmon tell"

I cup my hands together. I guess I ask now. I wouldn't think I'd be asking anyone let alone getting a boyfriend on a first date.

"Would you go on a date with me?"

Have I already messed up?

Tatsuo pats my head. "Sure! When can we?"

"Friday?"

"Can I hug you?"

"Go for it Tats"

This went well, why do I think of the worse sometimes?

Tatsuo clung to his axe after letting go to get out of the hug. "Let's get some meat!"

"You are I'm not. I'm enjoying seeing the life drain out of serval people"

"You know I would to"

"Uh, Tatsuo...? Are you chill for me to say to my parents your sleeping over tonight?"

"You're not wanting me to sleep in your room without your parents not knowing? That's new!"

"We're together and when I'm ready I'll tell them about us. For now, this is an opportunity for you to find out about them"

Tatsuo swung his axe with one hand. "I didn't know mine great so yay partner's parents"

"Thank you for referring me as a partner"

"That's what you prefer, isn't it?! Shit!" Tatsuo facepalmed as I grinned.

"It is. I'm just glad you respect my boundary of wanting to be referred to as a partner when talking about being a lover"

Tatsuo nods sitting on the stool. "I'm learning. Are we allowed to do nicknames?"

"Pet names? I already started" I chuckled a bit.