11. Dongfang Qingcang Intimidates Yichen

Follow me if you're already invested in this story because I'll keep writing similar stories in the future, and you might miss out.

Meilin's sweet voice was barely audible as she whispered, "Moon Supreme..." Her voice was so quiet that if it were not for Qingcang standing so close to her, he might not have heard her.

Qingcang leaned in closer, his hand supporting Meilin's head as he gazed intently into her eyes. "What? Tell me," he said softly, his quiet tone almost matching hers.

"I..." Meilin continued, her voice trailing off as the handsome man stood mere inches away, her heart pounding. She could not deny the strange magnetism that Qingcang had over her. Something about him captivated her, a strange, almost otherworldly allure that she could not shake. It was as if he had crawled under her skin and put a seal on her life. She felt that destiny had brought them together on this fateful night when she lost all will to live. And here she was, in a hotel room with Qingcang, after having shared a kiss with him earlier.

Tonight was the wedding night of Yichen, the man she had once wanted to be with. But he had betrayed her, leaving her alone and broken-hearted. And now, she was standing close to another man, wondering what twists and turns fate had in store for her. Despite being so close to her, Qingcang never touched her inappropriately, leaving Meilin wondering about his intentions.

'Why is she hesitating to say what's on her mind?' Qingcang thought, raising an eyebrow in curiosity as he watched Meilin waver to speak, and he could see that she weighed her words carefully.

But before Meilin could utter a word, her stomach growled loudly, breaking their tense moment and sending her into a fit of embarrassment. The sound echoed through the small hotel room, and her cheeks flushed bright red. Qingcang's once curious expression turned irritated as he watched her slip away from his grasp, pushing against his chest to escape the moment's awkwardness. To his surprise, his own stomach growled in response, mirroring her hunger.

Feeling the tension between them, Meilin quickly changed the subject. "I'm hungry," she said, trying to diffuse the awkwardness. "Do you want to come and eat at the hotel's restaurant with me?" But Qingcang only rolled his eyes and turned away, leaving her to wonder what was bothering him. "Huh? What's his problem?" she muttered, her frustration bubbling over. 'I wanted to ask him if he liked me because he kept my face so close to his, but it's probably better that he left,' she thought bitterly. 'He might think I like him because he isn't all that bright anyways,' she thought with a huff and said, "Hmph!"

.

.

.